EBC discs and pads

MattS5

Reaction score
Long story, but I've just won a set of front EBC Turbo Grooved and dimpled discs and
Red Ceramic pads.
Not sure whether to keep them or sell them on e-bay.
Are they gonna be much better than the OEM ones I have, and will I need to change anything else if I decide to fit them (i.e rear pads or discs)

Any help would be appreciated.

(seems they're worth circa £270 so should fetch £225 on flee bay)

Fit them... have to be an improvement over the stadrad rubbish..pads especially.

They are straight swap, so no problems.

RIch

I may fit them, although mine still have a fair bit of life in them and I dont find the standard item to be that bad.
Maybe I just dont drive it hard enough !
I'll probably stick them in for sale and see what interest I get on here and Tyresmoke. If none, I'll maybe look to use them after Xmas.
I guess they fit Cupra R's as well as possibly MK4 golfs ?

I fitted these discs and pads a few months back.

Plus points: Virtually no bake dust, much improved over standard pads. Good bite when the discs are warm. They look a bit better too (albeit no Brembo!)

Minus points: Can take a bit too long to bite when cold if you ask me..... it was quite a shock as I was used to the standard setup having decent bite from cold.

Overall, once you get used to the 'cold' performance they are OK. I'd definetly fit them, especially if you got them for nothing!