A3 1.8t agu

joebickerton89

Reaction score
hi all im soon to be getting another a3 once ive passed my test again its going to have the agu engine and im going to have around £2500 to spend on bits im aiming for 300bhp so and wondered if im being unrealistic or if its doable :) any information would be good i know i need a decent turbo and fmic.

Joe.

On behalf of the entire world I would like to politely ask you to stop making a constant stream of threads all on the same subject.

You recently made this thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/175570-a3-1-8t-agu-k03-modifications.html

Which has had some good views, many replies and a lot of information. If you have further AGU tuning questions please refer to your original thread, use the FAQ tuning thread in the top of the threads list and use the likes of eBay or classifieds to answer your questions on pricing.

300bhp isn't possible, reliable, or maintainable with a £2500 budget. And quite frankly, you're not ready to have an 8L modified to that standard, it will be more trouble that it is worth.

Glad to see you are getting your license back. Try and keep it this time; I would suggest a 300bhp A3 isn't the best option. Considering this forum is monitored and sponsored by insurance companies, you will need to declare your modifications. As somebody who has just got their license back I am certain this will cost you £2500 on its own, without budgeting the maintenance and running costs which come with a car running double its standard power.

Reactions: daro and superkarl
Joe.

On behalf of the entire world I would like to politely ask you to stop making a constant stream of threads all on the same subject.

You recently made this thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/175570-a3-1-8t-agu-k03-modifications.html

Which has had some good views, many replies and a lot of information. If you have further AGU tuning questions please refer to your original thread, use the FAQ tuning thread in the top of the threads list and use the likes of eBay or classifieds to answer your questions on pricing.

300bhp isn't possible, reliable, or maintainable with a £2500 budget. And quite frankly, you're not ready to have an 8L modified to that standard, it will be more trouble that it is worth.

Glad to see you are getting your license back. Try and keep it this time; I would suggest a 300bhp A3 isn't the best option. Considering this forum is monitored and sponsored by insurance companies, you will need to declare your modifications. As somebody who has just got their license back I am certain this will cost you £2500 on its own, without budgeting the maintenance and running costs which come with a car running double its standard power.

insurance isnt a problem so ive not got to worry about that mate. and ive done some searching about and seems 300bhp will be safe on the agu engine so what other problems would you say il come across? and i did post another comment like this on my old thread but didnt have any feedback bud. i dont really wanna go for less than 300bhp as thats the roughly the same power as the average turbo hatchback now a days vxr astra's etc or would you say an a3 at 250bhp would be quicker than a vxr with the same power? through different weight etc

You say 'once you pass your test again'. Obviously due to a ban and if so why try and tune the nutz off of something and try to be the fastest boy on the block when the best option IMO is to listen to them that know and take things easy for a while.

You say 'once you pass your test again'. Obviously due to a ban and if so why try and tune the nutz off of something and try to be the fastest boy on the block when the best option IMO is to listen to them that know and take things easy for a while.

nope havent had any bans just had it revoked due to a silly thing. not the fastest boy at all lol just because i want to tune a car doesnt mean im a chavvy boy racer whos going to fly everywhere foot to the floor thats not me at all. il take it easy wether im in a 50bhp car or 500

nope havent had any bans just had it revoked due to a silly thing. not the fastest boy at all lol just because i want to tune a car doesnt mean im a chavvy boy racer whos going to fly everywhere foot to the floor thats not me at all. il take it easy wether im in a 50bhp car or 500

That is actually very good to hear Joe. Spot-on.

before when i had a license i took it for granted you dont know how much it means till its gone as the saying goes and it sure it correct lol