Revo sps3

jay1

Reaction score
Hi everybody quick question I have bought a revo sps3 controller as I planned to get a revo stage 1 in the near future was just trying it in my port on the car expecting nothing to happen but it immobilises the car on the anti theft setting and switching between stock and performance and high boost it does make a difference I thought it only worked with revo software installed on the car?? Does this mean my car already has a stage 1?? If it does I'm off down the pub to spend my money on beer as it will have saved me loads of money!!! :) thanks in advance

You should be able to plug a cable into the SPS box then into your laptop. You can download the revo software for free and it'll read whether you have revo already on your ECU or not.

I'm sure the immobiliser setting works anyway though so don't get too excited.

But if I set it on low boost it is noticeabley different as if I set it to high boost there is a big difference

If it is running on actuator pressure is that a good thing ?? Or will it damage something??

It must have Revo software on it for the sps to work,never heard of it working without the map.
I set mine to high agressive boost and was told off by my tuner :huh: they said not to run it high all the time,was good though.

Maybe had a Revo trial in the past, the Revo trials revert back to a "stock" map which isn't actually as good as factory map.

Then they lock to the ECU and are a total **** for any tuner to remove...

Is the Revo SPS essentially just a boost controller then...?

It lets you change the figures of 3 tables on the map then assign those settings to the SPS so you can flick between them.

The settings are Boost, Timing, and Fuel from what I remember. All three go up to a max of 9. When I had a stage 2 revo map we were playing about with some of the settings on Bills rollers and boost 9 (was around 25psi) made the torque go to around 300lbs and I didn't have rods at the time so we tailed it back to 8 (21psi and 280lbs roughly).

From what I remember you should NEVER touch the fueling figure, only play with Boost and Timing.

Hi There;

Yes if it is switching you do have revo software on your vehicle. I would suggest going to your nearest revo dealer to get them to set your vehicle up correctly. there is no fuelling adjustment on the 1.8T just boost and timing. the SPS isn't a boost controller its a tuning aid, the different boost and timing settings select different pre-defined boost and timing advance maps so with the correct knowledge and tooling you can set the vehicle to its optimum.

@16Klappe - you're wrong, that's all wrong.... been over this many times before. when a vehicle reverts to stock from a trial file it needs to re-adapt to stock so yes if you tested the vehicle within a hour of it switching to stock it would be down on power. BUT if you let the vehicle adapt or clear adaptation the vehicle will run stock. We do not lock anyone out of ECU's either, just most 3rd party tools that other tuners use are insufficient, as long as you can flash a FULL stock file you can be tuning a ECU that has had trial code in a matter of 10 mins. all we stop is other tuners from doing is reading out our code to stop people stealing it and if they try to flash a data area (in the case of a ME7 256k) to the ECU they will brick the ECU, so to clarify all any tuner needs to do is flash a FULL (in the case of a ME7 1MB) stock file and you will be fine.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: voorhees