Something slipping?

grumbas

Reaction score
Got an odd problem since swapping my engine - sit in 5th/6th at 2.5-3k rpm, plant the throttle and revs jump instantly by 500 or so then it accelerates as normal (albeit not as strong as normal, but I suspect that's probably a boost leak or similar).

I'm guessing it can't be the clutch as I've always found once they start to slip the only way to stop them was to get out the throttle completely?

Could it be something in the Haldex?

sounds like the clutch to me mine does that in 5th and 6th now, just recovering from some house modifications then im having the clutch changed.

Boost kicks in 2.5-3k revs jump then it catches up as clutch bites back but only when planting pedal.

Damn, although I can't quite get my head around why the clutch would suddenly regain grip?

Annoying as engine/gearbox only just gone back in, clutch didn't look awful but wasn't great either - if it hadn't been a race against the clock to get the engine in before handing the garage back to the landlord I would have changed it at the time!

I'm guessing it's a good days labour to do the clutch?

Handbrake on put the car in 4th, hold the revs at 3k and let out the clutch as though you were doing a hill start.

If it slips, it's ****ed. If it stalls, it's fine.