My A3 8L Progress

That's some serious width!! Your going to need some tyre stretch and some serious lows! Then you shall pull them off :)

Yep thats the plan... got some 225/40/18's left over from some old wheels so they should get some stretch on the rears. Probably not much on the fronts though. They won't be going on for a while - need to save up for some coilovers! Did I read that you are running AP's? How do you rate the ride?

Reactions: Pubemammal
Yep thats the plan... got some 225/40/18's left over from some old wheels so they should get some stretch on the rears. Probably not much on the fronts though. They won't be going on for a while - need to save up for some coilovers! Did I read that you are running AP's? How do you rate the ride?

Yeah you should get some nice stretch with them tyres. That's what size tyre I am running on 8J with zero stretch but your wheels are a lot wider.

No mate I am running Jamex coilovers. To be honest I can't fault them. Yes now I've really decked it the ride is pretty firm but nothing compared to the FK's on my mates golf mk4. Motorway journeys are smooth and can't even tell your in a low car. Its the bumpy country roads that are the worst!

Yeah you should get some nice stretch with them tyres. That's what size tyre I am running on 8J with zero stretch but your wheels are a lot wider.

No mate I am running Jamex coilovers. To be honest I can't fault them. Yes now I've really decked it the ride is pretty firm but nothing compared to the FK's on my mates golf mk4. Motorway journeys are smooth and can't even tell your in a low car. Its the bumpy country roads that are the worst!

Oh okay I read wrong ha! Yeah fair enough.. It seems to be the running theme with budgets, they are reasonable for the money. I had FK AK's on my old Corsa B and on the motorway they were lovely, anything else and it was rank! Though my friend is selling his Mk4 Golf so I may take his JOM's off him cheap to see how I get on. If they are tripe then it will give me time to save up!

But anyway! I'll quit clogging your thread bud. Keep the updates coming :)

Reactions: Pubemammal