Really Good MPG!!

JudderMan

Reaction score
Check my Fuelly and you'll see that I regularly get around 36-37mpg but since having a few days away in Scotland I've hit 40.4mpg for the past 230 miles. I know the DIS isn't fully accurate but it's never far off when you put the numbers in Fuelly.

Not bad for a 121k car. Fresh oil change as it had gone through a little over the months lately. I suppose if I was running air con then it would be a little lower but it needs regassed.

I wasn't completely driving like a granny either, a good few overtakes on the A75 with a boot-full and some spirited driving today. Awesome car. Awesome, awesome!

Im averaging nearly 37 myself constantly in the 1.8t, very economical. If I drive on the motorway to dublin which is 50 miles away I will do 42mpg........not that I care! I had enough fuel saving crap driving a diesel which bored me to death despite being 220bhp.

Yeah I saw that on your thread :) I reckon 45mpg would have been possible if I'd been trying and not getting all right-booty at times.

i get 25, i hardly drive it more than 5 miles at a time and for those 5 miles i like to have A LOT of fun ;) but i had a 1.2 polo that did over 50 before and it killed me

I've never got 340 miles out of a tank. Ever.

Funnily enough my mk4 1.8t was always about 330 miles to a tank and it was fairly healthy. The s3 was better on fuel and now the a3 is better again despite having the exact same engine as the golf (AUM). Maybe its my driving style that has mellowed a bit lol.

I've never got 340 miles out of a tank. Ever.

Well we are S3 owners and the OP is talking about an A3 (I think going by both of your sigs)

I get 420+ miles per tank from mine (correct, an A3). Is it just that there are more driveshafts going on and the weight of the Haldex unit? Mine's a 5-door too so extra weight of doors. What else is heavier on an S3?

Although I love the look of S3s I can't justify the price hike over my A3 (I paid a grand). If it was lighter then it would make sense but the 200kg penalty dulls the draw to it.

My average MPG has recently gone up by 2-3mpg to ~31mpg. The things I've changed are:

- It's lower
- It's on the 'new' VPower stuff

...go figure.

Could well be VPower Nitro. Think I've done around 800 miles on the stuff and it does seem to have upped my mpg.

Anyway, I feel a bit embarrassed by this thread; makes me sound old and boring. Might go and empty a tank on these amazing roads here :)

Yes JudderMan.....you need to revive yourself and sow some lead into your shoe's to enjoy those epic roads :)

Reactions: JudderMan