AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kwistof

Thread: Really Good MPG!!

4th Gear

Status

Really Good MPG!!

Check my Fuelly and you'll see that I regularly get around 36-37mpg but since having a few days away in Scotland I've hit 40.4mpg for the past 230 miles. I know the DIS isn't fully accurate but it's never far off when you put the numbers in Fuelly.

Not bad for a 121k car. Fresh oil change as it had gone through a little over the months lately. I suppose if I was running air con then it would be a little lower but it needs regassed.

I wasn't completely driving like a granny either, a good few overtakes on the A75 with a boot-full and some spirited driving today. Awesome car. Awesome, awesome!
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Im averaging nearly 37 myself constantly in the 1.8t, very economical. If I drive on the motorway to dublin which is 50 miles away I will do 42mpg........not that I care! I had enough fuel saving crap driving a diesel which bored me to death despite being 220bhp.

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah I saw that on your thread I reckon 45mpg would have been possible if I'd been trying and not getting all right-booty at times.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    i get 25, i hardly drive it more than 5 miles at a time and for those 5 miles i like to have A LOT of fun but i had a 1.2 polo that did over 50 before and it killed me

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187166-tims-max-power-a3.html

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Don't listen to him Tim, You're my hero, I'm proud of you.

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    I've never got 340 miles out of a tank. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Neutral

Status
    Funnily enough my mk4 1.8t was always about 330 miles to a tank and it was fairly healthy. The s3 was better on fuel and now the a3 is better again despite having the exact same engine as the golf (AUM). Maybe its my driving style that has mellowed a bit lol.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    Well we are S3 owners and the OP is talking about an A3 (I think going by both of your sigs)
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    Drive slower and it's possible! lol

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status
    I get 420+ miles per tank from mine (correct, an A3). Is it just that there are more driveshafts going on and the weight of the Haldex unit? Mine's a 5-door too so extra weight of doors. What else is heavier on an S3?

Although I love the look of S3s I can't justify the price hike over my A3 (I paid a grand). If it was lighter then it would make sense but the 200kg penalty dulls the draw to it.

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    My average MPG has recently gone up by 2-3mpg to ~31mpg. The things I've changed are:

- It's lower
    - It's on the 'new' VPower stuff

...go figure.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

4th Gear

Status
    Could well be VPower Nitro. Think I've done around 800 miles on the stuff and it does seem to have upped my mpg.

Anyway, I feel a bit embarrassed by this thread; makes me sound old and boring. Might go and empty a tank on these amazing roads here

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Yes JudderMan.....you need to revive yourself and sow some lead into your shoe's to enjoy those epic roads
    JudderMan likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.