Odd car wont start...

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
Cut a long story short, I had to go over to my mums to collect a wagon I left on her drive this morning, so I drove my S3 about 15 miles from mine to hers.

when I got there, I turned my car off, reversed the wagon of her drive then got back in my car to put it on the drive. It started up then when reversing it cut out, I thought id stalled it.. tried to start it again and it wouldn't fire up.. it had 15miles of fuel on the trip, and the needle was on the red but not as low as its gone before.
My plan later is to throw some more fuel in it to see whether it has simply ran out of fuel and the gauge is telling lies. but if not, whats a common cause for it to of just not started again? its never had any issues before.

Cheers in advance.

I haven't got VAGCOM, plus I had to leave it as I was running late. just abit puzzled..

Could be your crank sensor. I thought it was my pump but ended up being the crank sensor. Need to scan it really..

I'll check it later for the obvious although im not convinced, but if I need it scanned is there anybody willing to have a look at it? the cars in Solihull.. Cheers.