Did my car just go into limp mode

5l4y3r10

Reaction score
So I went to the gym and was in there for about half an hour I came out turned car on ( audi a3 1.8t 2003 aum engine, 120k miles but engine seems in good condition. Anyway, got into car and gauge was already on 90 degrees, I drove for about half a mile or so then went through 2nd gear fairly hard, then changed to 3rd and began to slow down however when I put foot down in third only about 20 percent it seemed as though the car was coughing and holding back, loss of power etc. I slowed down and tried to listen to what was happening but after 10 seconds it stopped and drove fine, I drove slowly back to mine about 5 miles and boosts fine and seems back to normal, quick check in the engine bay in the dark and everything seems fine, so any ideas or what to look for, thankyou for your time, Tom

appears to be a common ailment when you thrust the engine too hard; it's to do with the turbo, but the only way to clear it is to stop, turn off, then on again; quite embarrassing when you've just overtaken a car :(

Scan for fault codes in the first instance... check for spilt pipes etc as a matter of course as tbh this is generally the likely culprit..

<tuffty/>

Havnt got vagcom but after yesterday I think I am going to buy it as it is 257 pound delivered apparently, the car does seem fine now though and can't see any pipes split etc, and that is exactly whwhat happened my mate was behind me iI went off then he flew past me in his Clio :( not a good moment haha. Thankyou for the replies.

appears to be a common ailment when you thrust the engine too hard; it's to do with the turbo, but the only way to clear it is to stop, turn off, then on again; quite embarrassing when you've just overtaken a car :(

Say whaaaaaa'?

Difficult to say without VCDS and fault code logs.

Just about to order vcds lead now and try and work out what to do haha, when I have fault codes I will let you know, thankyou.

Just about to order vcds lead now and try and work out what to do haha, when I have fault codes I will let you know, thankyou.

You read the info in the stickies about how to get VCDS I take it?

<tuffty/>

Hi people, now I am a little confused, I have now got vcds and did a auto scan. It came up one code which was the passenger door set alarm off haha, no codes to do with engine or anything which I am happy about of course but this doesn't explain my strange moment into limp mode for 20 seconds or so. What should I do just leave it or look into it further some how? Thankyou