HELP!? alarm keeps going off for no reason?

Paul_TDi

Reaction score
I have a 53 plate A3 5 door quatro TDI and the alarm has this evening started going off every 5 minutes.

I have checked all doors and boot are closed properly, blown any dust from internal sensors and even tried turning off internal sensors.

At the moment I have disconnected the battery as to not disturb any one in the night.

I had a 99 prefacelift a3 which also did this but the alarm horn didn't work so idn't matTer as much, turned out to be a faulty alarm sensor on the passesnger door, on this car when I lock the car the passenger door alarm LED flashes frantically for about 20 seconds after locking.

Any ideas what to do? Last time I had a vagcom wizard diagnose the issue and he just turned off the door alarm sensors.
Unfortunately I have just moved and have no internet so access is limited on my phine.

It's probably the back up battery dying in the alarm. Either buy a new alarm or the cheaper option is to change the batteries in the alarm. The thread is in the stickies but its not hard. You need a soldering iron, batteries from maplin and some wire!

Thanks for the info, I look into that latter when I can get internet for the laptop.

Battery was disconnected all night and reconnected a couple of hours ago, no alarms so far.......touch wood!