Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Had A Scrape

2nd Gear

Status

Had A Scrape

After 12 years of driving i've finally made contact with another car. This is the damage on the other car.. I've left a note etc.. but how much am i looking at for a respray? It's not a whole bumper paint job is it? A trim repair kit is about £15 on Ebay so i'm not to worried about the other car money wise.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I recently had my bumper re sprayed for around £100 due to stone chips, it maybe worth ringing one of the mobile company's that do touch ups, a friend of mine has used one a couple of times with good results
    2001 s3, stage 1 amk, nogaro blue, bilstein shocks, eibach springs, forge adjustable tie bars, Red power flex dog bone bush, Awesome heavy duty clutch, 18" nouvalari alloys, ambient lighting, tt pedals, led side lights, led number plate lights, abt number plate surrounds, badger 5 tip, jetex filter, resonated milltek cat back exhaust, bailey dv,

2nd Gear

Status
    If i send the bill to my insurance company it shouldn't effect my NCB in the future because my NCB is protected?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_A3T View Post
    If i send the bill to my insurance company it shouldn't effect my NCB in the future because my NCB is protected?
    Don't claim off insurance for that, you still need to pay the excess to make a claim, and your insurance goes up, as you have made a claim!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

2nd Gear

Status
    What's the point of paying extra for protected NCB if your insurance still goes up the same if you have no protected NCB?

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy_A3T View Post
    What's the point of paying extra for protected NCB if your insurance still goes up the same if you have no protected NCB?
    protected just means you can make a claim, but still declare for e.g. 5 years no claims when you take out insurance.
    if you werent protected, and claimed, it would go to 0

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Protected NCB is, in many cases, a complete waste of money. The last insurance advisor I spoke to actually advised me against it. Isn't there a cap on the most no claims bonus you can lose in an incident, IIRC it's two years isn't?

Anyway, as said, just pay out of your own pocket.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    Good explanation of the NCB con here: So how does protected NCB work then? - PistonHeads
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    NCB protection protects your NCB years and not your premium.

In regards to this claim....whenever the damage caused by both parties totals less than your policy excess; it's pretty obvious what to do really!

As a side note in NCB....if you have 3 or more NCB years - some insurers have a drop down NCB scale...e.g if you have 3 years NCB and do not protect it- then it could be dropped to 1 years... so therefore you don't totally lose your NCB...

Also- yes you can only claim from a protected NCB policy x amount of times in x amount of years before you cannot carry on protecting them. All depends on the insurers T&Cs.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.