Monster MotorsportBadger5
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JudderMan
  • 1 Post By basil brush
  • 1 Post By kwistof
  • 2 Post By Villarob

Thread: A3 8L Facelift '03. What's missing?

Reverse Gear

Status

A3 8L Facelift '03. What's missing?

Just bought an A3 8L Facelift and there's a lovely big gap above the rear ashtray. Wondered what was there before and what is needed to replace it.
    Cheers.
    2.jpg

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    The arm rest. If my dogs didn't want to jump through from the back seats then you could have mine, but it does work a treat for stopping them. Hate it when it's down, though, as you just smash your elbow off it when changing gear.

ps. my neck hurts.
    Lavis89 likes this.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post

ps. my neck hurts.
    RAOFL PMSL
    JudderMan likes this.
    1999 Silver 8L A3 1.8t sport (AGU) currently undergoing rolling modification
    pipercross panel , bosch super 4's , poly bushed front end , yellow dogbone , self refurbed 16" speedlines , ambient lighting.............TBC
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ts-thread.html

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Hate it when it's down, though, as you just smash your elbow off it when changing gear.
    Took me a good few months to realise you can lower the armrest a few more clicks after lowering it to the normal position!

Almost impossible to change with it down and not lowering it more!
    JudderMan likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Took me a good few months to realise you can lower the armrest a few more clicks after lowering it to the normal position!

Almost impossible to change with it down and not lowering it more!
    Ahh, I did not know that. Still, my dogs would feel that's an invitation to stand on the dashboard or bite the steering wheel, which isn't cool at full boost warp factor 9
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel
    To Fit - Decat then Mapping WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thank you for all your replies. Looks like i might be shopping for an arm rest then. And my dog is only allowed in the wifes car. I don't want her scratching up my leather. Or the dog!
    kwistof and JudderMan like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    To replace would i need the OEM arm rest or can i make do with one of the cheap ones off ebay? I'd prefer OEM but a bit pricey.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    i love my arm rest

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187166-tims-max-power-a3.html

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Don't listen to him Tim, You're my hero, I'm proud of you.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Ahh, I did not know that. Still, my dogs would feel that's an invitation to stand on the dashboard or bite the steering wheel, which isn't cool at full boost warp factor 9
    Well when you next have the car to yourself - drop the armrest a few more clicks and it should line up very nicely to your gear knob and make changing gears with the arm rest down a hell of a lot easier!

In terms of a replacement armrest- OEM is the way to go...not sure on how the ebay ones fit- but I think all of those have a cloth top lid and I can just about see in your picture above that you have the full leather interior- so to get it all to match up you want OEM really buddy.

Keep an eye out for people breaking cars...have a search on here as the Leon Cupra/VW Golf armrests could possibly fit as well and chances are you'll pick it up cheaper than from someone breaking an Audi.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.