Yay, I've got my SKC.

HTC

Reaction score
Website
www.b3ta.com
So I can program my own keys in and swap the instrument clusters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Did some reading on Ross-tech's website yesterday about the secret key code for immobiliser stuff. It mentions that if you have a pre march 2002 car and you have the original plastic key attachment then the earlier 4 digit code is under a scratch off panel.

So I scratched off the panel and there was my number. Just tried to login via VAG-COM and it worked.

Well chuffed, so I can swap my dash panel for one that hasn't got a faded DIS.

Just thought I'd let you lot know incase anyone had wondered the same thing.

I mentioned that I had the black plastic key with code when I wanted to add a remote fob to my alarm as I could see that there was a tag on it with 4 digits and thought that I may be able to do something with that code. Got another alarm system added instead though. LOL

So can you do anything else interesting in VAG Com with this code?

me neither. I have spare cluster too. Got a mate now working for Skoda says that He will give me a hand to see if the facelift can be coded to the old one or not (not a straight swap, got to change a few wires over). If not I'l have to sell it, but I prefer the facelift one as it has the extra functions LOL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer the facelift one as it has the extra functions LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, fill us in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer the facelift one as it has the extra functions LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Such as?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, fill us in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am interested now in these extras. Might even consider upgrading for that.

Later units have better DIS. You get flashing pictures of the doors when they are open etc.

Digital clock with date instead of analogue hands.

As for extra features, I didn't think there were any? Could be wrong tho.

The later cluster may well be "immobiliser III". My car is immobiliser II".

Having said that, its all in the dash panel, so it may work. Just gotta check that the later cluster can talk to the ECU and key reader.

I think the crossover cars may be the best bet to get the cluster from as they have later DIS but no CAN.

I'll have a read up.

You've missed the ejector feature. LOL

cheers HTC, that pretty much sums it up! Immob 2 or 3 being the issue. There is a potential for connecting the satnav IIRC. The pre-facelift ones seem thinner on the ground, unless anybody knows where I could get one? The one I have may be brand new as it has no miles on it, wired it up and got all the non did functions working except the Immob and then found out you couldnt get the SKC anymore so it has been in my cupboard gathering dust. . . .

after saying that, there is one on ebay! But £130! Unless anybody here wants my facelift S3 one for that price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe an admin/mod could move this thread to the VAG-COM forum?

HTC said:
So I can program my own keys in and swap the instrument clusters
Did some reading on website yesterday about the secret key code for immobiliser stuff. It mentions that if you have a pre march 2002 car and you have the original plastic key attachment then the earlier 4 digit code is under a scratch off panel.

So I scratched off the panel and there was my number. Just tried to login via VAG-COM and it worked.

Well chuffed, so I can swap my dash panel for one that hasn't got a faded DIS.

Just thought I'd let you lot know incase anyone had wondered the same thing.

Anyone know why I have 7 digits on a early 2001 registered A3?

Need to chnage cluster.

Thanks

i have a a4 plastic key and a plastic thing which holds part of the chassis number and a 7 digit number, whats the 7 digit number for? also is there anyway i can retreive the skc code so that i can code a brandnew cluster to the car? A4 TDI 130 (B6) 2001