Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: New wheels?...

Money grabbing s3!

Status

New wheels?...

In a predicament.... My RSTT alloy wheels are in need of 4 tyres, and ideally a refurb as they are all a bit scratched up. (I think somebody painted them before not very well and its coming off on the rim)

So shall we call it £75 per tyre (not budget but not Pirelli's) then a refurb (city powder coaters b'ham) I think they are roughly £20 per rim, which for the money they are pretty good.

£400 I make it with messing about taking tyres off dropping wheels off etc.

so do I just buy a nice shiny set of alloy wheels and tyres and sell my RSTT's?

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Considering your RSTT wheels need new tread and also a refurb- you would struggle to get a reasonable amount of dosh if you sold them tbh.

I'd buy new shiny alloys and tyres and keep the RSTT's as a spare set if I was in your position and funds would allow.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    they are all true which is a bonus and they have no major kerbing.. if I was to get £150 for them id be happy. just looking at wheels now. might do a finance deal as I can pay a big deposit say £400 then pay the rest off over a year monthly..

Audi s3 goodwood green, BAM, n249 delete, 80mm TIP, s2000 air-filter, new turbo, ap coil overs, lots of poly bushes, 15mm spacers all round rolling on 18'' RSTT's

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Yeah that's not to much of a high price to ask I suppose... especially if there OEM wheels

(obviously you'll create a classified add for those )

What sort of wheels are you looking at?

Some lad was selling a set of 3sdm 0.05 alloys in black last night on VAG talk for £400 without tyres and pretty much brand new....I was VERY tempted- but would have had to get them powder coated as the black wouldn't go with my car.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3clarke View Post
    In a predicament.... My RSTT alloy wheels are in need of 4 tyres, and ideally a refurb as they are all a bit scratched up. (I think somebody painted them before not very well and its coming off on the rim)

So shall we call it £75 per tyre (not budget but not Pirelli's) then a refurb (city powder coaters b'ham) I think they are roughly £20 per rim, which for the money they are pretty good.

Refurbing them gives you the choice of what colour you want mate, what other alloys are you considering instead?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    see I like all the stance/euro cars but wheels in that scene go out of date very quickly. something that's 'new' in a month will be old. I quite like the look of some of those inovit wheels which look like rota's, then again I like the typical BBS style looking wheels (not the LM's) need to have a look around at prices, I've got a couple of idea's on what I think would look good. Redirect Notice I quite like these as they are fairly cheap too.

Status

My Social Networking

Who actually cares about that really? It's hard enough keeping myself up with fashions and trends- let alone changing my cars alloys every year to keep up with the scene! lol

I mean as long as you don't get spinners with a full Burberry print on them, you should be alright from the type of wheels you've mentioned... Inovit/Rota's/BBS etc.
    2000 S3 APY

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    ok so I like the way my wheels fit in the arches, original RSTT alloy wheels with 15mm spacers. what sort of et would I want so I could get rid of the spacers.. lower than 35 or higher? cheers. I don't mind using them still if the wheels are the same as mine now, but if I could get rid of them then that's a bonus.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ET will be current ET minus spacer width so on RSTT's (ET33) its 33-15 = ET18 for the same width wheel... if the wheel changes width too then you need to factor that in...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    Cheers tuffty just ahad a little read up, think I understand it now.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3clarke View Post

I am currently in the same predicament as you! Thinking of getting a set of standard s3 avus wheels instead but also tempted by the finance option.
    2001 Audi S3 8L Ming Blue - LOST THE ROD LOTTERY BIG TIME (Rebuild underway)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam P View Post
    I am currently in the same predicament as you! Thinking of getting a set of standard s3 avus wheels instead but also tempted by the finance option.
    if they are genuine Ronals with centre caps and are un kerbed I'd buy em
    baz
    1999 Silver 8L A3 1.8t sport (AGU) currently undergoing rolling modification
    pipercross panel , bosch super 4's , poly bushed front end , yellow dogbone , self refurbed 16" speedlines , ambient lighting.............TBC
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ts-thread.html

Status

My Social Networking

I got my standard 17" S3 Avus wheels refurbished just before Xmas and powder coated in bright White lol
    2000 S3 APY

Money grabbing s3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam P View Post
    haha, Tempting isn't it, I've had a look on a few sites, there's some wheels though which id like a slightly wider J number, so I'm gonna ask if they can order these in.. Don't ask you don't get