New wheels?...

s3clarke

Money grabbing s3!
Reaction score
In a predicament.... My RSTT alloy wheels are in need of 4 tyres, and ideally a refurb as they are all a bit scratched up. (I think somebody painted them before not very well and its coming off on the rim)

So shall we call it £75 per tyre (not budget but not Pirelli's) then a refurb (city powder coaters b'ham) I think they are roughly £20 per rim, which for the money they are pretty good.

£400 I make it with messing about taking tyres off dropping wheels off etc.

so do I just buy a nice shiny set of alloy wheels and tyres and sell my RSTT's? :uhm:

Considering your RSTT wheels need new tread and also a refurb- you would struggle to get a reasonable amount of dosh if you sold them tbh.

I'd buy new shiny alloys and tyres and keep the RSTT's as a spare set if I was in your position and funds would allow.

they are all true which is a bonus and they have no major kerbing.. if I was to get £150 for them id be happy. just looking at wheels now. might do a finance deal as I can pay a big deposit say £400 then pay the rest off over a year monthly..

Yeah that's not to much of a high price to ask I suppose... especially if there OEM wheels

(obviously you'll create a classified add for those ;) )

What sort of wheels are you looking at?

Some lad was selling a set of 3sdm 0.05 alloys in black last night on VAG talk for £400 without tyres and pretty much brand new....I was VERY tempted- but would have had to get them powder coated as the black wouldn't go with my car.

In a predicament.... My RSTT alloy wheels are in need of 4 tyres, and ideally a refurb as they are all a bit scratched up. (I think somebody painted them before not very well and its coming off on the rim)

So shall we call it £75 per tyre (not budget but not Pirelli's) then a refurb (city powder coaters b'ham) I think they are roughly £20 per rim, which for the money they are pretty good.

so do I just buy a nice shiny set of alloy wheels and tyres and sell my RSTT's? :uhm:

Refurbing them gives you the choice of what colour you want mate, what other alloys are you considering instead?

see I like all the stance/euro cars but wheels in that scene go out of date very quickly. something that's 'new' in a month will be old. I quite like the look of some of those inovit wheels which look like rota's, then again I like the typical BBS style looking wheels (not the LM's) need to have a look around at prices, I've got a couple of idea's on what I think would look good. Redirect Notice I quite like these as they are fairly cheap too.

Who actually cares about that really? It's hard enough keeping myself up with fashions and trends- let alone changing my cars alloys every year to keep up with the scene! lol

I mean as long as you don't get spinners with a full Burberry print on them, you should be alright from the type of wheels you've mentioned... Inovit/Rota's/BBS etc.

ok so I like the way my wheels fit in the arches, original RSTT alloy wheels with 15mm spacers. what sort of et would I want so I could get rid of the spacers.. lower than 35 or higher? cheers. I don't mind using them still if the wheels are the same as mine now, but if I could get rid of them then that's a bonus.

ET will be current ET minus spacer width so on RSTT's (ET33) its 33-15 = ET18 for the same width wheel... if the wheel changes width too then you need to factor that in...

<tuffty/>

Cheers tuffty just ahad a little read up, think I understand it now. :search:

I am currently in the same predicament as you! Thinking of getting a set of standard s3 avus wheels instead but also tempted by the finance option.

I got my standard 17" S3 Avus wheels refurbished just before Xmas and powder coated in bright White :) lol

I am currently in the same predicament as you! Thinking of getting a set of standard s3 avus wheels instead but also tempted by the finance option.
haha, Tempting isn't it, I've had a look on a few sites, there's some wheels though which id like a slightly wider J number, so I'm gonna ask if they can order these in.. Don't ask you don't get :)