Revo boost levels?

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Does anybody know what psi a revo stage 1 map boosts to? Cars feeling a little flat so i'm fitring a boost gauge this afternoon and hoping to find out where its supposed to be and whats going on lol
Cheers Russ

Warm weather will make the car feel 'flatter'... as Karl said, logging required especially if you don't have a boost gauge...

Revo software is adjustable too so no fixed boost level as such... normally setup to the best setting for the cars condition...

<tuffty/>

Cheers guys, my preference would be logging but i only have vcds gay at the minute so can't log boost only blocks 1-20 whixh is pointless. I fitted a wellycooler the other day so hoped that would help with keeping it cooler. Logged the maf afterwards and it showed an awe inspiring 260 bhp, this is with a smoke tested pcv/vacum system, revo stg1, dp/decat, mani, b5 tip, jetex, 3" catback, working 007 blah blah blah so i'd rather hopes to see more than that lol
When it was mapped Matt commented on how healthy it all was, Phil also checked long and short fuel trims 'ther day and all was spot on. Hence the boost question! ****** cars

Off the top of my head it was 8 for both timing and boost, definately boost though. Twas a little while ago :( wouldn't happen to know what that would correspind to would you Bill?

Also worth remembering that boost is a result of the ECU's calculations for controlling cylinder fill... the actual boost will vary a little depending on environmental conditions etc... boost is not a fixed value with VAG ecu's

<tuffty/>

I know an exact figure is impossible to determine but if i take it for a blast with the boist gauge plumbed in is there a guesstimate, arbituary figure that may suggest all is good? If its 10psi something is clearly amiss, similarlly if it hits 25 something is hugely wrong, but what maybe a desirable range 18-20?
Thanks for your patience :)

Off the top of my head it was 8 for both timing and boost, definately boost though. Twas a little while ago :( wouldn't happen to know what that would correspind to would you Bill?

I would expect your boost to spike to 25psi on that... your gauge will confirm.. highest demand/load of 6th planting foot from 3krpm and seeing what it spikes to..

revo do spike high on spool.

Holy shi@! Thanks Bill, I appreciate that. Time ro go see what it says, hoping thetes a nice ans easy to find boost leak that i can fix and see how it runs then.
Cheers