Audi A3 1.8t short shift (NOT S3) .... Advice please

jim3971

Reaction score
What short shifter are people using? .... mine is a 2002 1.8T A3 T-Sport (5 speed box not 6)

Jimbo

I used to have a B&M kit on my old A3 and it was the nuts! . . Super slick and short throws and also converts to "pull up reverse" making the stick much sturdier and if you get the black one it looks very OEM+

There is a MUCH cheaper e-bay option which looks identical but I can't tell you weather it'll be any good or not.

Part number for the B&M kit is 45114

Right, so this thread got me inspired... As with many others, as you can see :-/

Anyway, I've just purchased another B&M kit from venom motorsport. It certainly aint the cheapest bit of kit in the world but it was my favourite mod on my last A3 so I'm going for it again. Looks like they're getting difficult to get hold of in the Uk as well, here's a link to it on Amazon to give you an idea of exactly what it replaces and how well engineered it is.

B&M 45114 Precision Sport Shifter : Amazon.com : Automotive

Can't lie tho, quite excited! Once fitted I'll try make a little video to show you what a difference it makes... That is if anyone cares?

:tumble: