Does the A3/S3 8L clock have the mobilizer in them

NTT BIRCHY

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question

My clocks on my A3 1.8t (98) 8L are very badly pixelated. Can I replace with a set of facelift S3 or A3 clocks without any dramas????

I.e. a mobilizer in the clocks ect??

no. the immobiliser is built into the PCB on the instrument cluster

will be cheaper to get your screen repaired

Get the screen fixed. £50ish off eBay and an hour or so with a small soldering iron..........mine should be here this week. :thumbsup:

not sure on that. would of though it would be a dealer job.

I upgraded mine to the later model, full DIS out of an 03 plate, they had to be re-programmed using vag-com due to the immo wont respond to the ecu.

You clocks have a lot to do with the immo, i had massive starting problems which turned out the immo/clocks had packed up whilst the car was left standing for months.

My upgraded clocks were £20 of ebay and a crate of beer to Danio for re-programming them, easy !!

Reactions: NTT BIRCHY
Ive pm'd you, if your quick im travelling to saff london tomorow morning, and possibly up to scotts, so you have two choices, I could possibly get your cluster in his hands faster than royal mail for some fuel contributions (probably cheaper than RM!), or i could help by retreiving the skc from your car, enabling you to use vcds later when you come to swap the clocks out. NHN sells genuine VCDS, its very user freindly, and well worth having if you plan on keeping your car a while!

Also the fact you cant find any body local to you right now means you could help the community out in return by offering the use of vcds yourself later on !

Let me know if thats any use to you :D

Reactions: ruffrida, NTT BIRCHY and voorhees
Ive pm'd you, if your quick im travelling to saff london tomorow morning, and possibly up to scotts, so you have two choices, I could possibly get your cluster in his hands faster than royal mail for some fuel contributions (probably cheaper than RM!), or i could help by retreiving the skc from your car, enabling you to use vcds later when you come to swap the clocks out. NHN sells genuine VCDS, its very user freindly, and well worth having if you plan on keeping your car a while!

Also the fact you cant find any body local to you right now means you could help the community out in return by offering the use of vcds yourself later on !

You are the man :applaus:
This is what ASN is all about

Reactions: @udi A3

Typical im going to Worksop then Lincoln in the morning :(

Your driving past me then LOL could meet up on the way home, i may be meeting another ASN member in croydon before coming home, and no doubt ill go via M11 , A14, A1

What time you planning on leaving lincoln?

Glad to hear you might have got this sorted fella, this is why we all love ASN so much, a community of pure stars, cant fault you all, no better forum to be part of !

LOL would have been sorted if pete hadnt been too busy buying s3 bumpers and facelift xenons... too busy and forgot to buy the clocks LOLOL

Good luck with the car, and shout when you find some clockks :D