Dump valves query

search blow though maf.

people have done it. and with good results. seen a supra with a blow though maf. and read about a 200sx with a blow though maf.

Yep, not with ME though and certainly not so that they could fit an atmospheric dump valve...

Jap ECU's are dumb compared to Bosch ECU's used on VAGs... too many tables etc that are tied into the way the setup is... there is no advantages to doing it this way and no reason why you would anyway...

I would imagine the reason people do this is to trick the ECU when you start fitting larger turbos etc as actual ECU tuning is limited on these types of ecu... not really the case on ME7 Bosch ECU's...

The progresses in tuning 20v's these days means there is no real need to even look into this... only time alternative methods realistically need to be considered is if you have a huge turbo on a 20v so 600/700hp regions in which case you would consider a MAF less tune or a standalone ECU as you are already beyond the realms of normal tuning methods when extracting that level of horsepower from a small engine...

<tuffty/>

20v so 600/700hp regions in which case you would consider a MAF less tune or a standalone ECU as you are already beyond the realms of normal tuning methods when extracting that level of horsepower from a small engine...

<tuffty/>

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Reactions: <tuffty/>