Help needed- S3 Xenons facelift into pre-facelift A3

NTT BIRCHY

Reaction score
Hi guys has anyone put S3 Xenons facelift headlamps into my A3 1.8t 8L (1998).

What needs to be done for them to fit and work???

thanks in advance

Birchy

You need to do a search mate.

This has been covered a million times, but in short you need to trim a piece of metal from the wing which sits on the outside of the light cut out. You will also need to change the wiring to the lights for the different connections.

It isn't easy and it isn't cheap. Personally I don't think it is worth it.

Hi thanks, it not the cutting the wing out part I'm asking its the loom. I have the lamps already given to me from a friend so its these connectors expensive and what other costs are involved??
Thanks

Birchy

It's the same as doing a facelift headlight conversion. All the xenon wires are internal to the headlamp, you only get the rectangle connector to which there are adapters on eBay for.

Reactions: NTT BIRCHY
It's the same as doing a facelift headlight conversion. All the xenon wires are internal to the headlamp, you only get the rectangle connector to which there are adapters on eBay for.

Thanks bud, have you got a link for the convertors

Birchy

You need to do a search mate.

This has been covered a million times, but in short you need to trim a piece of metal from the wing which sits on the outside of the light cut out. You will also need to change the wiring to the lights for the different connections.

It isn't easy and it isn't cheap. Personally I don't think it is worth it.

I picked up a set of facelift lights for £50 and thought they was really easy to fit I made my own adaptor looms

Cool thanks bud, the guy has left the connectors loom end on the headlamp so I can make my own 😉

Cool thanks bud, the guy has left the connectors loom end on the headlamp so I can make my own 😉

The easiest way is strip the loom from the pre facelift lamp and connect it to the face lift plug

All fitted today guys, thanks for your help guys your all top lads

961890 622367954441212 338633268 n 975922 622367824441225 1062895697 n
Now just need to adjust as they are far too high