Audi S3 Door rust - How to fix - Advice needed!

S3-Steve

Reaction score
Hey folks, I bought my S3 last year, when i bought it it had some pretty nasty looking rust at the bottom of each door. I've heard that this is a fairly common problem.

Anyway, when I bought the car I took it straight to a local bodyshop and the guy fixed it up for £200 which seemed very reasonable at the time but I knew is was more of a quick fix that a complete repair.

The rust has now come back just in time for the summer :crying: so I'm looking to get it fixed properly this time so that it won't come back. And hopefully cure the problem that causes the rust to form there in the first place.

What's the best wait to go about this sort of repair? Would a new door be the best option or should I just get the rust repaired? Has anyone else had this rust repaired successfully, addressing the cause of the problem as well?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I am in the same boat as you pal drivers door has bad rust on bottom of door sill and needs sorting.
shame you have already paid for it to be done and its come back i would find out if theres a warranty or just go and show them and see what they say as it was only done a year ago.

Yeah mate, that's what I might do, it's worth a shot. It was quite a small place, I wasn't really expecting too much for the price but there's no harm in seeing what he says. I ****** hate rust as well really looks awful when the sun is out.