mass air flow issue

m19lte

Reaction score
Hi folks, my esp light has come on and vagcom won't clear the fault !
It's a 2002 s3 8l (recently put a 06 bam engine in on amk ecu) vagcom fault code is coming up with : 16486 - mass air flow sensor (G70) signal too low P0102 -35-00
Any ideas ? As I've only 12 or so month ago replaced the maf for a new genuine unit, anybody know what configuration of the wires/plug ? To church the voltage so-on ? Cheers

Check your wiring, the plug might have broken plastics, it happened to mine!

Yea I have mate, as it happens the red sort of retaining clip inside the connector had broken up !?! But it doesn't foul the connector in any way !and it still plugs in fine, what did u do ? Did u just replace the sensor ?

I'm having the exact same issue, can't for the life of me work out what the problem is, just gone through every bit of wiring i can find and every earth point. Doing my head in. If you find the answer tell me and i'll tell you if i get there first lol :)

Yes for both. Although personally as soon as my maf is plugged in it cuts out, did the same with a brand new genuine bosch maf as well. Pretty stuck!

You erasing the maf fault before puting new maf on?do you get the fault code before you start car or after?

Fault code is cleared before sticking the new maf on,start the car code comes back, clear the code, try and drive and as soon as the revs drop car cuts out.
Sorry to the op if this is a hijack but hopefully it'll all be relevant :)

Thats me sorted!! I got fecked off and dissasembled the 4 pin plug that connects to the maf, connected the spade end pins inside the plug directly to the relevant pins in the maf plug itself and bingo!! Off to tps to pick up a new plug :) Hope this helps and you get it sorted quickly mate

Sorry folks only just seen this, been really busy. What I ideally want to know is what voltage should the maf plug be kicking out ? As I want to check the voltage first-to see if there's a break in the wire soon.
If the voltage is fine then I will replace the maf.
Nice one slowcoach 3, pleased for you, do you have a part no or description for the plug ?

I have an etka print out but not to hand, i'll stick it up tomorrow, has all part numbers on it :) Sorry don't kbow voltages, electrics is not a strong point of mine!