Audi A3 after market mirrors?

Markb

Reaction score
As subject what after market mirrors are available for the Audi A3?

I have seen the Projektzwo ones (very nice, but expensive) and the Mattig ones (Not really a fan of).

Also I know you can get the M3 style ones, but they will not be going anywhere near my car, as they are best suited to the chav Maxpower cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

So guys anyone know of any others?

Cheers Mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

What about OE polo or Lupo GTi mirrors? theya re stubby and will fit on your existing lower part (the hinged bit)... or are you specifically going for aftermarket? There are the DTM style mirrors, but im not a fan, and visibility will be horrendous out of them!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
What about OE polo or Lupo GTi mirrors? theya re stubby and will fit on your existing lower part (the hinged bit)... or are you specifically going for aftermarket? There are the DTM style mirrors, but im not a fan, and visibility will be horrendous out of them!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really after an after market one as such and I do like the Lupo OEM stubby ones.

Are you sure that they can be fitted to the A3 bases? I know the Golf MK4 boys are doing this, but I thought the A3 bases were different?

Mark.

Im pretty certain the only difference is the shaoe of the mounting plate from base to door... Which means the sprung part is the same. Golf and A3 mirrors (housings) are identical.

Rich

Get yourself down a breakers and wreck some mirrors before you try for real.

I've spent many an hour down my local trying stuff out in the past.

Depends on whether they leave you alone to wreck stuff tho!

Yeah the only problem is I can't locate any locally otherwise I would go and 'have a play' so to speak.

I'll keep on looking though. So would I be after the MK4 Polo ones? Or the Lupo GTi ones? Also I thought with these mirrors that one was bigger then the other?

Mark.

Your right mark... The lupo has one small one not so small mirror. However, if you get them from VAG Parts, they can order you one UK and one Euro spec mirror (passenger sides)

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Your right mark... The lupo has one small one not so small mirror. However, if you get them from VAG Parts, they can order you one UK and one Euro spec mirror (passenger sides)

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Looks like I will have to get myself down to the breakers and try a mirror before I order some from VAG parts though.