Electric windows not operating - not the usual fault

jack_davey

Reaction score
Hi all,
After fitting my cruise control the other day to my tdi quattro and enabling it with vagcom, my electric windows no longer work.
I've read on here that you can reset them by holding down the two buttons on the drivers door for 5 seconds then lifting them up for 5 seconds, but this hasn't worked.

When I turn the headlights on the buttons don't illuminate either, but strangely they do illuminate when unlocking/locking the car.
I've checked all the fuses, there's no specific one for the windows, but I can't find any blown, but the fuse number would help to aid me in diagnosing the problem.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Do the windows still operate with the key fob? When the car is locked hold the unlock button down for a few seconds. It should unlock the car and start to lower the windows.

I didn't even know you could do that but I've just tried and it doesn't work

Just checked the plug on the drivers door window switch, none of the terminals have 12v with ign on

Seems unlikely?
Would you happen to know what pin on the central locking pump supplies the live to the electric windows? I can then test for a live here and continuity to the door.

PM me your email address I have some diagrams in my laptop which I can dig out and send you.

Cheers mate, I already had that file, but there's no wiring diagrams.

I've managed to get some from autodata but unsure if they're the correct ones.
No **** hot audi techs on here? I'm great with other marques but not had much experience with these.

I've also found the 10a fuse in the red holder on the relay board has blown, does anyone know what this is for?

Right well, an update for those interested, found that the red/white wire from the central locking pump that should supply 12v, isn't supplying 12V, so ran a wire to the window switch and the windows work again!
The question is why the f*ck isn't the central locking pump supplying the 12V it should?

Lost interest, ****** german piece of tat! My Clio 182 has had less problems in the 5 years I've owned it! LOL
Ran an ignition live from the fuse box to the wire that's supposed to supply +12V to the windows.