Mileage....

Freeman_1986

Reaction score
I'm looking at a couple of s3's tomorrow. There is one with 127k on the clock (which is the car I prefer) and one with 80k. My question is would I run into any problems with the 127k one? Are they still strong with that many miles on the clock?

Never owned an Audi before and looking forward to it after coming from a clio 172 :)

cheers
chris

any history with the vehicle? my s3 has 117k runs fine my old vrs I had running 259bhp with 122k when we sold it and my old ibiza cupra was touching 130k so if theres plenty of history i wouldnt think twice they are good engines

Mileage is just a number. If its been looked after, serviced regularly and got a good history for you to read through you should be fine. Having said that all that stuff can be great and you could potentially still have a lemon so it's also in the driving/performance. I'm on 149k and mine drives the same as it did when it was on 40k. Good luck with the viewings and don't feel pressured into buying a car you're not totally happy with.

Go off condition, history and evidence of regular maintenance. You're better off with 120k well maintained miles than 80k hard, loveless miles!

Reactions: voorhees
Mileage is just a number really....as long as all of the servicing has been done with less than 8k intervals then it should be all good as that's the main thing that kills turbo engines - especially VAG ones with all the brittle pipes and sensors.
The 127k one could have been serviced every 6k and the 80k car could have been serviced ever 12k. I know which one I would go for.

Have a read here at the buying guide and other information though-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...info-stickies-please-read-before-posting.html

And in case you're wondering how many S3's can make it to large mileage, take a look here -

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/188473-come-down-post-your-mileage-please.html

As long as service history is complete and plenty of receipts for work done then all should be good.
My S3 has just hit 124k and runs very well. I would check the engine bay out for leaky, messy, perished pipe work.

Yeah the 127k has full service history, invoices etc. will be booking a service for it as soon as I get it. Tbh swaying more towards that one now. Will go have a look at it tomorrow.

A3 with 162000 no worries mate check t and drive it you will know if its ok, Audi's are well built so would have to be well ragged to knacked at that mileage anyhow!

Went to look at both yesterday, and they were both dogs....

Found anouther though and bought it yesterday. Absolutely stunning car. 113k on the coock but near perfect, wheels not even curbed slightly. FULL service hostory even down to reciepts for new tyres. Remmapped to 260bhp aswell with dyno print. Only thing wrong is the common pixel fault on the LCD by the dials. Very happy though :)

Good goings- but you need some pics to go with that post mate :)

Don't worry about the pixels. I had mine fixed last year and cost about £100, supplied and fitted with 2 year warranty.

Went to look at both yesterday, and they were both dogs....

Found anouther though and bought it yesterday. Absolutely stunning car. 113k on the coock but near perfect, wheels not even curbed slightly. FULL service hostory even down to reciepts for new tyres. Remmapped to 260bhp aswell with dyno print. Only thing wrong is the common pixel fault on the LCD by the dials. Very happy though :)
What spec ? out of curiosity

175k on my s3 was remapped at 92k and still going strong. Flew through its mot last week. Just had some small problems here and there but nothing major

What spec ? out of curiosity

18" BBS Alloys
Remap to 260bhp
Forge 007 recirculating dump valve
Full H&R anti roll bar kit
Poly bush upgrade
All work was done at AMD Essex

Timing belt and pump done at 80k 2 years ago, major service done on 109k about 6 months ago

All receipts to prove work