Hi guys, recently the car has been completely electrically dying when i put the key in the ignition. Total power loss as if someone has disconnected the battery.
Then sometimes it comes back to life.
Never dies on driving the car.
Last night it did the same so I popped the bonnet, and slightly touched the earth cable leaving the left side of the battery and the car sprung back to life
Do these cables corrode?
It is securely clamped to the battery terminal, I cannot yet get to the cable as it goes from the battery to wherever....
Would one earth cable cause the electrics to fail so prominently?