has anyone used www.mobilechiptune.co.uk

lowrider786

Reaction score
hiya peeps
i wanted to get my car chipped and i came across www.mobilechiptune.co.uk, has anyone come across this company before, or had there cars chipped by them.

ive just spoken to them and they art claiming that they can get my 1.8T 225 running upto 290bhp !!!

is this possible on a 225, if they can achieve this much gain is it within the engine limits most chipping companies hit around 250 - 260 but 290bhp and its only 350 pound, they say it will be put on a dyno and graphs to prove will be given.

[ QUOTE ]
hiya peeps
i wanted to get my car chipped and i came across www.mobilechiptune.co.uk, has anyone come across this company before, or had there cars chipped by them.

ive just spoken to them and they art claiming that they can get my 1.8T 225 running upto 290bhp !!!

is this possible on a 225, if they can achieve this much gain is it within the engine limits most chipping companies hit around 250 - 260 but 290bhp and its only 350 pound, they say it will be put on a dyno and graphs to prove will be given.

[/ QUOTE ]

290bhp is utter ******! you'll be hard pushed to see a geniune 270bhp!

I'm sure THEIR dyno will show 290BHP but then they will probably record 100BHP for a lawn mower. AmD managed 270BHP out of mine but even this is optimistic at best. It's also important to look at the curves. Maybe there is a small spike that reaches 290 but the rest is a lot lower?

Personnaly I would much rather pay the extra ££ to a firm I trust to do it properly and not worry about it blowing up later on.

They even list this in their 'car database'

S3 4.2 Turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I wouldn't write them off totally!

They'll probably give you a decent enough result for you money. Ask them for graphs for other S3s or A3 1.8T, Seats, Golfs etc.

Any company that says this sort of thing doesn't get my trust :

[ QUOTE ]
Will my warranty or insurance be affected?
your warranty or insurance may be affected, but this is not normally the case as we do not replace any components we overwrite the ECUs (Engine Control Unit) engine map this is essentially software. It is also worth noting that remapping is invisible and cannot be detected visually or electronically.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's misleading, dangerous and the undetectable bit seems just plain wrong.

I think I remember reading before that people who'd had the Revo trial couldn't then get their cars remapped by someone else without the Revo software being wiped, which would suggest any remap is electronically detectable.

[ QUOTE ]
I think I remember reading before that people who'd had the Revo trial couldn't then get their cars remapped by someone else without the Revo software being wiped, which would suggest any remap is electronically detectable.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with Revo is it leaves behind a Revo standard map, not the audi standard one!

If you go for something like the one click then you can revert back to stock and it will be completly undetectable.