insurance

jay22s3

2nd gear sorts em out
Reaction score
does anybody know of any insurance companies that are at the right money ? im 42 and sick of being treated like 22 anybody please !

Because moaning about being treated like a kid is really indicative of a 42 year old man...

So what's the beef with insurance companies? And why the 22 in your name, are you sure you aren't 22?

Reactions: Tim_Attard
I paid £248 fully comp on the S3 just yesterday with Priviledge. I suggest moneysupermarket.com for comparison :)

Try the site sponsors Jay, and don't forget to quote 'audi-sport' for a discount, I'm with Privilege now, all three were reasonably competitive to be fair. For modified cars.

If standard, use moneysupermarket.com.

Nothing wrong with being 22! Had my s3 at 22 and paid £547 fully comp, new 2013 a3 2.0 tdi s line I'm 23 now and pay £679 a year fully comp and I've got 6 points. :) 5 years no claims with Zurich / sun alliance iirc

Sean

i tried, sky, adrian flux, greenlight and brentacre all were £40 within each other apart from AF was £200 less but ended up going with brentacre as they know there stuff and were great with mods etc literally just gave me a BHP limit, sky would have been my next choice tho as the excess was reasonable p.s. i am 22 :D

I know they are the forum sponsors, but I am still going to post my experience...

I phoned them, and was told I lived in a rough area, couldn't declare my mods due to my age and that they were going to charge me three times my renewal for the privilege. When I phoned them as the forum sponsors for my Clio 172 I was quoted an utterly ridiculous price, and at that point I was also told I live in a rough area and I am too young for them to be competitive.

Went to Brentacre and insured my A3 with all mods declared, with a power limit of 250bhp at the age of 22 with 5 years NCB for £510. Less than half of what they wanted for a standard car.

Post hoc ergo prompter hoc, I can hardly recommend our forum sponsor.

I can recommend Brentacre hugely though. The guy on the phone even knew me from a forum and recognised my number plate.

Ive been shopping around, and not found it all that great either. Location plays such a massive part.
Im looking at 1k (again!) v low mileage with the mrs, with double the standard horsepower declared and a very generalised mod list.

Some people pay great prices, yours is good jardo.
Ive been getting circa 650 for a stock car, whilst thats a drop from last years 1k, i thought one more year added to ncb and passing 25yrs old would mark a change in insurance prices for me.

Weird game.

Weird game.

This sums up all of my experience with insurance companies.

I am lucky in that I have a full 5 years NCB, a second company car and my frankly middle aged misses on my insurance. But up until this year I have always paid £1000+

Did you give Brentacre a call Karl?

Yours wont help living in a city centre postcode karlos...
i tried at my dads address where it might live, and my address, not a huge difference. Despite one being PR, the other L.

Perhaps insurance is regionalised aswell as postcode.

P.s. Ive never heard of brentache until now. Adrian flux was my modded quote, wgo of course are a broker some it was through another company. Il deffo try them though. Tempted to go back with admiral and see if their multicar is worth a shot.

The way they work is very good. They asked me what bhp my A3 was, and asked me if I planned of modify further before next renewal, I said yes.

They gave me a limit of 250bhp, and listed my upgraded brakes, anti roll bar and suspension mods and basically said that they made the vehicle safer and as such wouldn't effect my price. I was free to modify the vehicle within legal limits and would only need to update them with new mods, and it wouldn't alter my price unless I either stripped the vehicle or went above 250bhp.

Certain tires aren't covered under this, R888's and the like.

Im slightly younger than you but i found admiral good for me, worth a shot i guess.

i went with adrian flux, they were the only ones that would quote me under a grand with all the mods declared (£800ish) thats with 3 years no claims, 23 years of age, 0 points but a write off and other small accident on my record, all comes off this year though :D. i was paying £820 driving a 1 litre 1994 punto around before i got the audi so was pretty happy with that quote!

I have 10 yrs no claims , 6 points , the car is social only as I have a works van , I have the wife on the insurance and its £400 with generalised mods listed with admiral and it was the best I could get with short notice.

anyone struggling i would go brentacre there great, admieral are absolutely dire if you do have a crash

I'm with greenlight insurance and I know a lot of my mates with modified motors are as well and all rate them.

They were cheaper than any other company already mentioned on this thread and can also cover you for track days in the UK (bar 1 circuit I can't think of ATM)

It was the cheapest by a good £100 and that's with every mod declared with the possibility of adding more through the policy and a low excess. Shop around as each insurance company has different pricing structures and multipliers to reach your premium with the risk you want to cover. The premium your given at the end is personal to you and I really don't see the point in the whole - I pay this for insurance as no two policies and risks would ever be the same.