• 1 Post By Sandra
  • 1 Post By 16Klappe
  • 1 Post By 16Klappe
  • 1 Post By kwistof

Thread: insurance

2nd gear sorts em out

Status

insurance

does anybody know of any insurance companies that are at the right money ? im 42 and sick of being treated like 22 anybody please !

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jay22s3 View Post
    does anybody know of any insurance companies that are at the right money ? im 42 and sick of being treated like 22 anybody please !
    Give ollie at sky insurance a phone, they are site sponsors and its worth a try. x

Insurance - Sponsored by Sky Insurance
    jay22s3 likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Because moaning about being treated like a kid is really indicative of a 42 year old man...

So what's the beef with insurance companies? And why the 22 in your name, are you sure you aren't 22?
    Tim_Attard likes this.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    I paid £248 fully comp on the S3 just yesterday with Priviledge. I suggest moneysupermarket.com for comparison :-)

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Try the site sponsors Jay, and don't forget to quote 'audi-sport' for a discount, I'm with Privilege now, all three were reasonably competitive to be fair. For modified cars.

If standard, use moneysupermarket.com.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

5th Gear

Status
    Nothing wrong with being 22! Had my s3 at 22 and paid £547 fully comp, new 2013 a3 2.0 tdi s line I'm 23 now and pay £679 a year fully comp and I've got 6 points. :-) 5 years no claims with Zurich / sun alliance iirc

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    i tried, sky, adrian flux, greenlight and brentacre all were £40 within each other apart from AF was £200 less but ended up going with brentacre as they know there stuff and were great with mods etc literally just gave me a BHP limit, sky would have been my next choice tho as the excess was reasonable p.s. i am 22 :D

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187166-tims-max-power-a3.html

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Don't listen to him Tim, You're my hero, I'm proud of you.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

I know they are the forum sponsors, but I am still going to post my experience...

I phoned them, and was told I lived in a rough area, couldn't declare my mods due to my age and that they were going to charge me three times my renewal for the privilege. When I phoned them as the forum sponsors for my Clio 172 I was quoted an utterly ridiculous price, and at that point I was also told I live in a rough area and I am too young for them to be competitive.

Went to Brentacre and insured my A3 with all mods declared, with a power limit of 250bhp at the age of 22 with 5 years NCB for £510. Less than half of what they wanted for a standard car.

Post hoc ergo prompter hoc, I can hardly recommend our forum sponsor.

I can recommend Brentacre hugely though. The guy on the phone even knew me from a forum and recognised my number plate.
    Tim_Attard likes this.

Then never do them.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Ive been shopping around, and not found it all that great either. Location plays such a massive part.
    Im looking at 1k (again!) v low mileage with the mrs, with double the standard horsepower declared and a very generalised mod list.

Some people pay great prices, yours is good jardo.
    Ive been getting circa 650 for a stock car, whilst thats a drop from last years 1k, i thought one more year added to ncb and passing 25yrs old would mark a change in insurance prices for me.

Weird game.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Yours wont help living in a city centre postcode karlos...

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    Weird game.
    This sums up all of my experience with insurance companies.

I am lucky in that I have a full 5 years NCB, a second company car and my frankly middle aged misses on my insurance. But up until this year I have always paid £1000+

Did you give Brentacre a call Karl?

Then never do them.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Yours wont help living in a city centre postcode karlos...
    i tried at my dads address where it might live, and my address, not a huge difference. Despite one being PR, the other L.

Perhaps insurance is regionalised aswell as postcode.

P.s. Ive never heard of brentache until now. Adrian flux was my modded quote, wgo of course are a broker some it was through another company. Il deffo try them though. Tempted to go back with admiral and see if their multicar is worth a shot.

Certified S3 Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

The way they work is very good. They asked me what bhp my A3 was, and asked me if I planned of modify further before next renewal, I said yes.

They gave me a limit of 250bhp, and listed my upgraded brakes, anti roll bar and suspension mods and basically said that they made the vehicle safer and as such wouldn't effect my price. I was free to modify the vehicle within legal limits and would only need to update them with new mods, and it wouldn't alter my price unless I either stripped the vehicle or went above 250bhp.

Certain tires aren't covered under this, R888's and the like.

Then never do them.

2nd Gear

Status
    Im slightly younger than you but i found admiral good for me, worth a shot i guess.
    2001 Audi S3 8L Ming Blue - LOST THE ROD LOTTERY BIG TIME (Rebuild underway)

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    i went with adrian flux, they were the only ones that would quote me under a grand with all the mods declared (£800ish) thats with 3 years no claims, 23 years of age, 0 points but a write off and other small accident on my record, all comes off this year though :D. i was paying £820 driving a 1 litre 1994 punto around before i got the audi so was pretty happy with that quote!
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

1st Gear

Status
    I have 10 yrs no claims , 6 points , the car is social only as I have a works van , I have the wife on the insurance and its £400 with generalised mods listed with admiral and it was the best I could get with short notice.
    2000 A3 1.8t sport AUM

18 BBS LM , coilovers , strut brace , poly bushed f/end , S3 front discs , S3 rear lights , wrapped roof , face lift front lights , Forge tip , cone filter & heat shield , forge 007 DV , DV relocation kit , n249 bypass , n112 removal, SAI removal , scorpion back box , ECS shallow sump , ECS single mass clutch conversion.

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    anyone struggling i would go brentacre there great, admieral are absolutely dire if you do have a crash

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187166-tims-max-power-a3.html

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Don't listen to him Tim, You're my hero, I'm proud of you.

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    I'm with greenlight insurance and I know a lot of my mates with modified motors are as well and all rate them.

They were cheaper than any other company already mentioned on this thread and can also cover you for track days in the UK (bar 1 circuit I can't think of ATM)

It was the cheapest by a good £100 and that's with every mod declared with the possibility of adding more through the policy and a low excess. Shop around as each insurance company has different pricing structures and multipliers to reach your premium with the risk you want to cover. The premium your given at the end is personal to you and I really don't see the point in the whole - I pay this for insurance as no two policies and risks would ever be the same.
    Tim_Attard likes this.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Auto net INS £340 Not interested how many mods.. But you cant claim extra for them either