My s3 i purchased with a snapped cambelt, wooops

Newtoys3

Reaction score
So i bought an s3 2001 210 bhp apy engine after, thought id be brave lol, i was looking for a bad one because i wanted to get the engine built up nice and a big turbo like all you guys do so the was no point buying one that works. So i thought better to spend the money on the tuning bits, iv been reading this forum for a long time and have been driving a diesel sharan for the past 5 years so now its time for some fun,

so dropped it off to my mechanic today who has been maintaining all the vag cars in my family and friends cars, he tunes alot of cars in surrey aswell which i see when i get my car repaired, so he said he will 1st put a used cambelt on it and turn the engine and do a air compression test to see how many valves are bent so he knows where to pay special attention but did say that regardless however many are bent, the exhaust valves and all 20 guides will get replaced because the car has 161k on it, he said he will give me a price on standard parts, uprated paerts in my cylinder head if the head is ok and a price on a bigger cylinder head because i said i want to have more power. So now im waiting for the 1st cardiac arrest.

anyone who has any uprated parts for the whole engine or suspension brakes ect please let me know

il keep uou posted on what the findings are with pics hehehe

Lose the head and get a large port that is built to your power expectations.
If the head is ok, you might be able to sell it on.

also get some pictures up, everyone likes to look at pictures :)

I will get some pics tomorro during lunch time and il be cheeky and ask my mechanic to whatsapp me some pics as hes going along, hes gna think im a pain, ow well lol. I bought the car for £1109 on ebay, i thought mmmmmm should i? In the end i pressed that confirm bid button and here i am. But i do love it, iv had it on my drive for 2 weeks just looking out the kitchen window there it stands my new monster to be.

My mechanic did mention the big port head but i didnt know what it was but now you mentioned it i searched it on google and yes il have one of those because i would like some high power

S3 dave

he did say he wants to put a belg on it just to see where the worst damage is but in the end he said its deff a head off job, hope he gets it off tmrw so my mind is finally at eez knowing that we r going for it now :drool:

Reactions: s3dave
So i bought an s3 2001 210 bhp apy engine after, thought id be brave lol, i was looking for a bad one because i wanted to get the engine built up nice and a big turbo like all you guys do so the was no point buying one that works. So i thought better to spend the money on the tuning bits, iv been reading this forum for a long time and have been driving a diesel sharan for the past 5 years so now its time for some fun,

so dropped it off to my mechanic today who has been maintaining all the vag cars in my family and friends cars, he tunes alot of cars in surrey aswell which i see when i get my car repaired, so he said he will 1st put a used cambelt on it and turn the engine and do a air compression test to see how many valves are bent so he knows where to pay special attention but did say that regardless however many are bent, the exhaust valves and all 20 guides will get replaced because the car has 161k on it, he said he will give me a price on standard parts, uprated paerts in my cylinder head if the head is ok and a price on a bigger cylinder head because i said i want to have more power. So now im waiting for the 1st cardiac arrest.

anyone who has any uprated parts for the whole engine or suspension brakes ect please let me know

il keep uou posted on what the findings are with pics hehehe
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to reading all about your progress. You will get lots of helpful advice from the friendly people in this section. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Hey guys i have a few pics now just need to figure out how to upload