• 1 Post By jojo
  • 1 Post By sportquattro
  • 2 Post By s3mad_dude
  • 2 Post By burns3
  • 1 Post By s3mad_dude

Thread: Are you looking for a White S3?

S3 Drift King!

Status

Thumbs up Are you looking for a White S3?

Looks like a genuine example, not a bad price with 6 months tax included(I'd ask for 12), but I'd still haggle it down a little!

Used Audi S3 Rare White Edition *12months MOT 6Month... for sale - PistonHeads (Ref 1309719)

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2. # ADS
    ADS

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    That's very well priced considering white is a pretty hard colour - and those blue and black seats
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

4th Gear

Status
    That's purdy.

Sounds like a shouty trader selling as a private seller.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

Rrrrrrrr-tech

Status
    I'm not convinced that was originally white. I'd give him £50 for it.
    voorhees, s3dave, kwistof and 1 others like this.
    > S3 225 (03) - OEM+
    > 205 GTI (90) - Limited Edition Miami Blue with full leather - 1 of only 300 made
    > Clio v6 255 (05) - Lethal Weapon

View: My S3 diary

Down under

Status
    Pre-facelift. Boooooo.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Yeah I'm not convinced it was a genuine white S3 either. Also it's a little scruffy and I'm not keen on the painted bumper insert. Nice to see something different though

6th Gear

Status
    should have had the rear bumper insert sprayed in gloss black rather than all white, but it seems cheap given the rare colour
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Just had a closer look at the pictures and it does seem a bit of a shabby example- so no wonder it's so pretty cheap.

Scuff on the front right drivers side on both bumper and wing
    Looks like another scuff on the rear drivers quarter panel below the fuel cap
    Rear bumper on the left looks like it has a scuff and some panel gap issues going on at the rear.

A full detail and paint enhancement would be needed on this to bring her back up to the "AMAZING LOOKS" the seller goes on about!
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

1st Gear

Status
    I agree with dave, i'm not convinced that was originally white as the s3 badge on the back is on the wrong side of the car.
    Booooooosting just a little bit

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by burns3 View Post
    I agree with dave, i'm not convinced that was originally white as the s3 badge on the back is on the wrong side of the car.
    Well spotted!

I knew there was something else wrong with the back of it (other than the black insert being sprayed)
    2000 S3 APY

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by burns3 View Post
    And the wing mirror supports are also painted white.......

S3 Drift King!

Status
    There was always going to be a catch at that price wasn't it?

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    Pre-facelift. Boooooo.
    I really like pre-facelift cars, they feel better built and I really like the interiors. I love the chunky 90's Audi interiors and the uniform look across all of the platforms. The switch gear has a really nice weight and I like the older touches like the analogue clock and the larger center cubby hole.

I would like a pre facelift S3, with facelift front and rear lights and a facelift boot plynth.

And ME7 of cause, but there is something to be said for the simplicity of an ME3 setup.

Even if it has been resprayed at that price it doesn't look a bad car at all on the face of it. As long as it hasn't been too ****ed about with during the respray.

To be fair even I would consider chopping in my A3 and say £500 for that.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

1st Gear

Status
    I saw this some time ago and i'll be honest it looks a bit rough but is priced accordingly (I think anyway), it's not a rare edition, if it is what were Audi thinking? Looks more like a nasty spray job.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    To be fair even I would consider chopping in my A3 and say £500 for that.
    Please just NO!
    kwistof likes this.

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcupraa View Post
    I saw this some time ago and i'll be honest it looks a bit rough but is priced accordingly (I think anyway), it's not a rare edition, if it is what were Audi thinking? Looks more like a nasty spray job.
    Try and find another factory coloured S3....think I have seen about 3 for sale in the past 5 years of ownerships of an S3. Has to be one of if not the rarest colour.

Jardo- totally agree with the pre-facelift decision....but your car plus £500 is silly thinking dude!

What's a facelift boot plinth as well :-s

My spec of the 8L S3s combined would be-

Pre-facelift (so I don't have to turn the ESP off and it has the smaller sized wishbones)
    Digital clock in the dash
    facelift font and back lights
    VVT with wideband ecu and me7.5
    Newer design S3 badges
    a cup holder
    and they could have given us the option for an AGU head as well, instead of the small port but technically that's not from an S3 lol
    2000 S3 APY

4th Gear

Status
    Not convinced that's OE Paint job, and the white bumper insert and door blades not to my taste, but its a pre-facelift so got that in it's favour.
    s3dave likes this.
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Pre-facelifts have a better built interior in terms of ease to mark the buttons etc. As for the cup holder, just make sure you fit an armrest and buy the twin cup holder insert :-)
    sportquattro and s3dave like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Does the back bumper line up? It looks off a bit where it meets the arch.

1st Gear

Status
    Got to say i prefer pre facelift interiors aswel, the only downside is no cup holders as standard.

Kwistof with regards to the boot plinth I think jardo's on about the part on the tailgate where they key hole is. Facelift versions are flatter than the pre facelift models.
    sportquattro and s3dave like this.
    Booooooosting just a little bit

Brum brum

Status
    White was only available at launch for 6 months, along with some other colours I've never seen an S3 in - such as Mocha or Ochre:

Interestingly Mocha is now quite a popular VW colour - Seen Caravelles and Tourans in this colour.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

TQS Collective

Status
    I'm always keeping an eye out for white 8l's as I have one of my own Here's my White TQS That ebay S3 definately does not look like original paint, looks a bit roughed up too, having said that I haven't seen an original white S3 8L at all, a few A3's here and there though

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by jcs356 View Post
    White was only available at launch for 6 months, along with some other colours I've never seen an S3 in - such as Mocha or Ochre:

Interestingly Mocha is now quite a popular VW colour - Seen Caravelles and Tourans in this colour.
    Thats interesting as the brochure I have only has 9 colours you can choose from and doesn't have the Casablanca white option.

Whats the date on the back of the book? Mines valid from 05.07.99 although looking through the product update sheet where all the options are selected there's 14 colours available on that- but I'm neither is my nogaro blue!
    2000 S3 APY

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Noggy back in 2000 might have been an 'exclusive' option or one of the very first orders of the colour on a S3. My S3 is October 2002 and the brochure is dated July 2002. Noggy is available in my brochure. I'll put a scan up later.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3mad_dude View Post
    Noggy back in 2000 might have been an 'exclusive' option or one of the very first orders of the colour on a S3. My S3 is October 2002 and the brochure is dated July 2002. Noggy is available in my brochure. I'll put a scan up later.
    I have an early brochure somewhere, there was a £2k colour option to have the car in an other Audi colour not in the brochure if I remember correctly.

Noggies ruuuule!

Status
    Yes thats the Audi Exclusive option. Also, seems white was never an option for the S3 according to this thread...

A3 S3 Colours AGAIN!.....(yawn).....i was bored OK!

This is from my 2002 S3 brochure:
    Last edited by s3mad_dude; 22nd May 2013 at 14:43.
    kwistof likes this.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Doesnt look like a genuine white one to me too, just looks 'oversprayed' to me, the blades, the mirror holders, the rear insert, looks like somoeone got a bit excited with the spray gun!!!

Bodywork is a bit tatty too, however its not a bad price!!

There is a genuine white one that me and Jojo have seen quite a few times in Solihull (V reg), looks really nice and with a quick detail, i think that particular one would look amazing!!

Brum brum

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwistof View Post
    Thats interesting as the brochure I have only has 9 colours you can choose from and doesn't have the Casablanca white option.

Whats the date on the back of the book? Mines valid from 05.07.99 although looking through the product update sheet where all the options are selected there's 14 colours available on that- but I'm neither is my nogaro blue!
    It's the launch brochure, valid from 01/02/1999. I also have the 05/07/1999 brochure you have which only has 9 colours. So white, ochre, mocha etc. were only available for 5 months, which is why they are so rare.

I think Noggy came in with the facelift?

I didn't think that Audi Exclusive paint colours existed for pre-facelift?

So white was definitely available as an option, however it would be on a V plate. Has anyone heard of an S3 on a T plate?
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

S3 Drift King!

Status

So white was definitely available as an option, however it would be on a V plate. Has anyone heard of an S3 on a T plate?
    Mine is a T plate Jase, there's a few others too in the mileage thread.

Status

My Social Networking

It's the launch brochure, valid from 01/02/1999. I also have the 05/07/1999 brochure you have which only has 9 colours. So white, ochre, mocha etc. were only available for 5 months, which is why they are so rare.

I think Noggy came in with the facelift?

I didn't think that Audi Exclusive paint colours existed for pre-facelift?

Thanks for confirming that and seems we do have the same brochure with the 9 colours, also that explains why the very few white S3's I have seen are all pre-facelift.

On my brochure it has in biro the words nogaro. I'm assuming that quiet a few new owners of the S3 wanted the nogaro blue which was first seen on the RS2 avant IIRC and could have been discussed at the point of sale. So the colour was already on a fast Audi so wouldn't have been to difficult to knock some more up and chuck it on the S4 as well.

I personally have never seen a T reg S3, but mines an S plate (okay it's personalised lol )
    2000 S3 APY