a3 8l colour scheme, what you think

audia3stealth

Reaction score
hi guys brought my first audi a3 a few weeks back now and already got some big plans for it.

well first off the car is a 1.8 20v non turbo audi a3 8l on a p reg.

black in colour and just done over 170,000

i paid £250 for it with 12 months mot but no tax.

car was stood up for approximately 12-14 months before i purchased it from a chap in chichester.

on collection of car i found only a few minor things wrong with it, brakes will need changing in about 8000 miles, inspection service light on, a few minor rust bubbles showing on roof rails.

all things that i will be changing soon and sorting out so no big deal there.

right anyway the car is black and am wanting to start a colour scheme, i love the euro look so have a lot to work with when it comes to styling.

i so far have decided on doing an agu engine conversion and have sourced a full drop in complete conversion from a chap up north who will supply everything i need for £300 apart from induction hose and filter. so i am sending him a deposit on thursday. before collecting or getting delivered in a few weeks time.

this conversion is coming in the form of, engine, subframe, gearbox, driveshafts, discs, pads, calipers, ecu, wiring loom, keys, dash clocks, full standard exhaust, hubs, arms, etc etc etc. so basically a drop in unit and bolt up, wire and plumb.

is there anything i could add. i know i would be looking at a front mount intercooler, induction kit with pipework, uprated dump valve, new clutch kit new water pump and cambelt kit.

right anyway back to the subject of colour schemes. the car is black and want to keep it black as love the colour but want to add some in your face colour scheme to go along side black. was thinking either dayglow yellow/green or vibrant pink.

i have seen a few cars black and yellow or black and green so am siding at the mo with black and pink.

i mean subtle things like engine hoses and graphics on rear window, also i have seen some cool wheels which are polished front and pink centres inside of spokes basically but they are not euro stance enough for me.

will get some pics of the car up soon but it is in standard audi trim so was thinking if someone could photoshop for me would be good. i want smooth door handles, smooth bootlid, facelift front bumper, s3 rear bumper, debadged grille, de wiper rear end. so going for the smooth euro look.

let me know what you guys think

these are the wheels i was looking at but think the polished bits would be better black

i do also like the grey/white/black army look samco hoses so that could be a colour scheme aswell but harder to pull off succesfully i think

Last edited:
>have sourced a full drop in complete conversion from a chap up north who will supply everything i need for £300

That sounds cheap. Don't suppose the guy can supply another engine conversion bundle like this? Good luck with the work. Please post pics. Sounds like a great project.

im pretty sure he could fella he is on facebook i will link him to here somehow hang on. he breaks vw's for a living and this is from a golf mk4 gti turbo

should be a good but daily driver project as my main project in the project section is an evo that is having a full ground up rebuild

just had a message from him saying he has got a few already to go if people want them

he is based in nottingham but is happy to courier engine conversion kits anywhere for a cost.

Lee Rodgers phone number 07581807282

Search for 's3_kev' car, youl like that.

Im gonna throw some ideas at you. I actually like pink, i had a pink bike once, im cool like that.
For wheels, how about some 2 or 3 piece split rims, and have the centres hydro-wrapped, you can have literally whatever you want, how about a pink camo design on the centres, polished lips.
if youre smoothing the car, this will pretty mich require a full respray near enough, how about sticking with the black, but have a paint shop throw some nice metallic flakes in there, pink or purple perhaps, would go well with the scheme when in direct sunlight, subtle things make a big difference. Pink camo wrap on the roof also.

Keep the stickers to a minimum, and tasteful. Bumper wise, how about modding them with some fibre glass to make them totally unique, youre smoothing them afterall.

engine wise, clean obviously, smoothed, and their are silicone hose companies that pretty much do whatever you want. Pink camo? Pink? White? Get as many parts chrome plated? Or in matte black so the colours really stand out.

Search for 's3_kev' car, youl like that.

Im gonna throw some ideas at you. I actually like pink, i had a pink bike once, im cool like that.
For wheels, how about some 2 or 3 piece split rims, and have the centres hydro-wrapped, you can have literally whatever you want, how about a pink camo design on the centres, polished lips.
if youre smoothing the car, this will pretty mich require a full respray near enough, how about sticking with the black, but have a paint shop throw some nice metallic flakes in there, pink or purple perhaps, would go well with the scheme when in direct sunlight, subtle things make a big difference. Pink camo wrap on the roof also.

Keep the stickers to a minimum, and tasteful. Bumper wise, how about modding them with some fibre glass to make them totally unique, youre smoothing them afterall.

engine wise, clean obviously, smoothed, and their are silicone hose companies that pretty much do whatever you want. Pink camo? Pink? White? Get as many parts chrome plated? Or in matte black so the colours really stand out.

i do like what your saying would look good i think pink on black. with lots of chrome shiny bling bling in engine bay. smooth must be the way to go i think.

like the sound of the camo idea being thrown around, the samco hoses they do look real smart!