Dog bone mount

• Thread starter imported_velcrobix
  • Start date
I

imported_velcrobix

Thinking of getting a powerflex DB mount to replace the OEM one. They seem pretty straight forwards to fit but just wondered how much difference they really make. I've heard they can be a bit harsh untill they bed in a little but does it make a noticable different to throttle response, gear changes ect?

we'll mine just turned up from Rich, so if you can wait till next week I'll let you know how I get on... think the one I got might have been the ecs tuning one though as it's black not yellow - I wasn't bothered which one, just thought I'd do it at the same time as the wishbone bushes.

Correct! All your bushes are ECS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The DBM does make a noticeable difference... Give it about 2 weeks to be in fully.

I too got mine from Rich, and i wouldnt describe it as harsh. You can feel the difference especially when the engine 1st starts there feels like a bigger kick. I felt it improved the 2-3 gear change.

Think i'll order one tomorrow then. Cheers for the feedback.

Well, i ordered a set of powerflex DBM's from AMD on Friday and they turned up today....top service!

Fitted them this afternoon and pleased with the result.

I don't really notice that much more vibration on idle, no where near like i was expecting. Gear changes are noticably smother and throttle seems more responsive.
I find on pulling away if i dont raise the revs a little more than usual i get a small amount of judder but i think that may get a little better as it beds in. It does however give the impression that the clutch bites alot better when moving off due to the reduced engine movement.
Glad i decided to change the mount, would recomend it to anyone!