Anyone tried one of these

Expect it would be the same quality as the welly cooler but not as efficient as the outlets are smaller and it's also about £100 more expensive as well! Nice of them to include the pictures on the auction though.

yeah if you want a decent one go the welly cooler route but if you want a cheap one there are ones with the right pipping for under £200 however they are quite small

yeah if you want a decent one go the welly cooler route but if you want a cheap one there are ones with the right pipping for under £200 however they are quite small

The wellycooler does come under £200 if you shop about I think.

Cheapest Toyosports core was £88 delivered and the piping/hoses should be under £100 delivered as well - you just have to do all the work yourself in finding the items individually.

The wellycooler does come under £200 if you shop about I think.

Cheapest Toyosports core was £88 delivered and the piping/hoses should be under £100 delivered as well - you just have to do all the work yourself in finding the items individually.

hmmm might see if i can find the pipping then :)

hmmm might see if i can find the pipping then :)

If you have a read of that FMIC thread then there is an ebay seller that the majority of people on here use and trust to buy all the piping and hoses from.

Tuffty also updated it with the best clips to use as well so you don't over tighten and split the hoses. I have everything I need stored in my ebay account- just waiting for payday :D lol

Reactions: Tim_Attard
That intercooler looks to be a copy of the AH Fabrications V1... while its ok the V2 is better... I have actually seen AH Fabs produce a V1 with 63mm outlets too... (like the modification I did to mine and what Bills Lupo runs currently)

AH Fabs are looking to become a sponsor from what I have heard so could be scope for some deals and group buys...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tim_Attard and Vex182
when shopping for my welly cooler ash silicone hoses on ebay did a great deal! if you call them they will upgrade the order to next day delivery for free! :)

AH Fabs are looking to become a sponsor from what I have heard so could be scope for some deals and group buys...

<tuffty/>

I do hope so - as the £300+ price just for the AH Fabs V2 core is a tad steep compared to the Wellycooler.

Originally the AH Fabs was steered towards those that want to keep the fogs from what I remember- but now there are ways of fitting the wellycooler and being able to keep them - which was the AH Fabs main selling point IMO.

At present I can't justify the extra £200 - as the work carried out to get the wellycooler to fit wouldn't be an extra 4 hours of labour at the garage would it?

I do hope so - as the £300+ price just for the AH Fabs V2 core is a tad steep compared to the Wellycooler.

Originally the AH Fabs was steered towards those that want to keep the fogs from what I remember- but now there are ways of fitting the wellycooler and being able to keep them - which was the AH Fabs main selling point IMO.

At present I can't justify the extra £200 - as the work carried out to get the wellycooler to fit wouldn't be an extra 4 hours of labour at the garage would it?

Can't really compare AH Fabs V2 with the Wellycooler in that way... quality of the core and build of the AH Fabs is what makes it cost more (UK firm etc vs chinese sweat shop also adds to the mix)...

Bill is doing modded versions of the welly cooler too... conversion to 63mm outlets in a configuration designed to allow fitment retaining fogs...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.297780853673340.72276.294012957383463&type=3

<tuffty/>

The Ebay intercooler should be fine.
Where we come in, is if you want a core that is the most efficient available, i.e. optimised flow through the air tubes, Ideal air tube wall thickness to reduce heat soak as a heavy core will store more energy than a lightweight one.
The fins connected between the air tubes can be altered to be either maximum surface area for a free standing intercooler or have altered fin thickness and pitch to allow more air through the intercooler to allow the air to remain fast so it will not restrict the engine cooling water radiator.
Those fins need to be a good design because they will straighten out the airflow and hit the radiator face on instead of swirling around and even restricting the air on the way out.
Great for the race cars we fit them to but a bit over the top for general road use .... but if you are chasing the ultimate we can provide it
I will be offering a group buy later on (10 off gets us a small discount on the cores) but are a bit busy with Le Mans coming up (Dry sump tanks and rads) so when the panic dies down a bit I will start the ball rolling with ideal target pricing etc.
Bear in mind that we pay more for a core than some complete intercoolers available from the far east.
Cheerz,
Alex.

Where we come in, is if you want a core that is the most efficient available, i.e. optimised flow through the air tubes, Ideal air tube wall thickness to reduce heat soak as a heavy core will store more energy than a lightweight one.
The fins connected between the air tubes can be altered to be either maximum surface area for a free standing intercooler or have altered fin thickness and pitch to allow more air through the intercooler to allow the air to remain fast so it will not restrict the engine cooling water radiator.
Those fins need to be a good design because they will straighten out the airflow and hit the radiator face on instead of swirling around and even restricting the air on the way out.
Great for the race cars we fit them to but a bit over the top for general road use .... but if you are chasing the ultimate we can provide it
I will be offering a group buy later on (10 off gets us a small discount on the cores) but are a bit busy with Le Mans coming up (Dry sump tanks and rads) so when the panic dies down a bit I will start the ball rolling with ideal target pricing etc.
Bear in mind that we pay more for a core than some complete intercoolers available from the far east.
Cheerz,
Alex.

Good to see you here again Alex... :)

<tuffty/>

Cheerz,
Alex.

Thank you for your reply Alex and the information on AH fab intercoolers.

I'll keep an eye out for the GB :icon_thumright: