Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jackie Brown
  • 2 Post By jojo
  • 2 Post By <tuffty/>

Thread: Stage 1 + a few other cheap mods... ideas please

Original Audi Bad Boy

Status

Talking Stage 1 + a few other cheap mods... ideas please

Hi, I own a 2002 Audi S3 8L in Nagaro Blue. I was looking at doing some things to it as its relatively low milage and getting a bit 'normal' for my tastes. Im looking at the moment at getting a stage 1 revo map with a Pipercross PK339 (bought cheap) and possibly a new exhaust although Ill prob leave this till later in the year. Below are a list of mods I want to do but can anyone suggest anything worth while to add which are relatively cheap to do myself:

change DV to forge recirculating unit (i wanted a bit more noise but not the full whoosh, someone suggested the dual action DV... thoughts?)
    n249 bypass
    oil catch/breather addition
    change boost pipes to silicon
    change washer fluid bottle to a metal unit as current one is broke

Anything else + thoughts

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    you can get a forge split r valve but some people say they leak boost, i swapped one for my standard and back again and noticed no diffrence but i am selling mine if you want it

1st Gear

Status
    just give it to Voorhees and leave alone.

he can get Stage 1 for you i think (says revo on his banner?). dont meddle with things - you'll probably just make it worse
    jojo likes this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post

he can get Stage 1 for you i think (says revo on his banner?). dont meddle with things - you'll probably just make it worse
    Lol!
    <tuffty/> and Tim_Attard like this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Whatever you do... do NOT buy a split-r.... stick with a std OE (new one if yours is suspect) or a forge 007p/008p if you want a bit of bling..

The extra 'whoosh' only really comes once you have had a remap and actually have some boost pressure to release.... Audi's are designed using millions of quids to be quiet... its why its an Audi

Generally best results are gained from a custom map from Badger 5 or R-Tech, Badger5 80mm TIP (with either a cone filter or panel filter in a std airbox) and a healthy engine... all the other stuff is optional...

Healthy engines are far and few between these days though so don't set your expectations too high... even low mileage cars suffer... have seen a fair few of them recently

<tuffty/>
    Tim_Attard and Jackie Brown like this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Brown View Post

Also my avatar has me in an RS4 but doesn't mean I can get one or own one

Original Audi Bad Boy

Status
    ok so taking the map and other little bits aside Ive looked at these two things, do you guys think they are worth it:

N249 removal - N249 Bypass How To (2000 S3 - but same for many)

Oil catch can - Guide - How to fit a catch can and simplify the PCV system

Problem with the catch can is I cant find a 19mm outlet one, only 15mmon ebay so Ill have to get an adaptor or fix the piping for this... can anyone forsee any problems with this?

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoolio View Post
    ok so taking the map and other little bits aside Ive looked at these two things, do you guys think they are worth it:

N249 removal - N249 Bypass How To (2000 S3 - but same for many)

Oil catch can - Guide - How to fit a catch can and simplify the PCV system

Problem with the catch can is I cant find a 19mm outlet one, only 15mmon ebay so Ill have to get an adaptor or fix the piping for this... can anyone forsee any problems with this?
    Come on now....that's half the job done- you've found the links but have you actually read them in detail?

All the pro's and con's are within the threads and there is also a link to where you can buy the catch can with 19mm outlets - so all the information is there so you make your own mind up. In terms of are they worth it? Then IMO yes- as the cost of the outlay is very little to stop possible problems occurring and pipes getting blocked in the future.

Just to get you started here's the link to a catch can with 19mm outlets- S3 OCC Tank Product Page

There are others available and I think someone on here is also making them for cheaper than the saiko product. The search bar at the top right is your friend....majority of worries or questions you have to ask have already been covered numerous of times.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

Neutral

Status
    il be ordering mine on friday! as above to stop the problems that could occur its gotta be worth it!

2nd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Tim_Attard on Facebook
    up to you really can go for a good quality can with the 19mm or jsut get the reducer and ebay one, i went the ebay route and it works saves you a bit of money

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187166-tims-max-power-a3.html

Quote Originally Posted by 16Klappe View Post
    Don't listen to him Tim, You're my hero, I'm proud of you.