what bumper is this for?

Tim_Attard

Reaction score
hi guys,

bought a bumper and it was advertised for an a3 but it wont fit, so im just wondering if its an s3 or a pre facelift a3?

when trying to fit it seems to be to wide where it goes to the arches and also where the grill goes the space is too small for a standard grill.

my theory is that its for an s3 and i can just buy the rails and then fit it?

here is a pic

I'm pretty sure the bumper for the facelift and pre-facelift for the S3 were the same.

Not that it makes a difference as you have an A3 don't you? Which means its going to be hard to match the side to the arches as the s3 arches are wider.

yeah i do so do you know if the pre and post a3 bumpers are the same? if so this must be an s3 bumper

pre and facelift are the same. as i fitted a facelift to my pre

looks like an aftermarket RS4 style bumper for the S3 to me. Does it have slats in the sides?

no it just has the edge at the top that goes into the guides

ok thanks, so its defo for an s3, problem is it still wont fit mine so bit confused as people have said an s3 bumper will fit an a3.

RS4 front bumper spoiler for Audi S3 8L - SPOILER-SHOP.com

It is not a standard bumper - just look at the pictures thread in the stickies - pretty obvious. This 'll be why your grills don't fit

The S3 bumper is contoured to fit the wider arches of the front wings of the S3. The A3 doesn't have its arches flared to the same extent - hence your problem

ha mate if you want to come get it, its yours, but its got a few chips and splits nothing a bit of filler/paint wont fix