peeling interior trim....

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
has anyone suffered from this? it seems like the soft touch paint around my headlight switch is peeling off..?

Not on my headlight switch but the "paint" on the buttons on my concert head unit has come off on one of the buttons. I know have 5 black and one white button!!

Mine's peeling off the door handles and has been for some time!

do u think audi will sort this out if i give them a call? the red lights are showing through the peeling bit and it looks rubbish!

If your car's still in warranty, I don't see why not. If it's out of warranty I wouldn't have thought so! Mine's a long way out of warranty so I'm going to live with it!

same here Timbo, even caught the gf picking at it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I think peoples rings catch on it.

I thought about removing the handles, peeling all the covering off and putting them back on as I think this would look a lot better, but I've read that getting the handles off is a bit of a nightmare (I think Markb did it?) so as I say I think I'll just live with it.

according to peeps on audi world this is a common occurance im gonna give audi a call and see what they say

This has happened to my dads A6 really bad both on the door handle where the electric window controls are and on the fan speed buttons on the air conditioning.

It's out of warranty soon so will try to get it sorted, watch this space.

When I bought my A3 (when it was 4 years old), the door armrests/handles were peeling quite badly, but I talked the salesman into replacing them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, and the replacements so far haven't peeled at all, 4.5 years on (touch wood). Either they made the coating a bit tougher, or I've been more careful than the previous owner...