Ko3s

Stuart35205

Reaction score
Hi all I know it's been covered numerous times & I have read into it but do I stand a chance of having a ko3s ? It's a 2000 x plate aum , I gather there is a difference in the blades 8 ko3s against 12 ko3 is this the only indentifier as such? If its a realy stupid question just indulge me!

Thanks cjsuk I do believe it is a t-sport , happy days sort of bought the car blind regarding this stuff! Down pipe & decat it is then plus catch can to tidy stuff up.

I'm just reading as we speak! I'm a gas fitter I have got all that gear you used , how did you get the solder to take to the steel cup out of curiosity!

I used fry powerflow flux with the solder and it's really solid as a rock! wasn't expecting it to take that well, but I banged it tried bending it etc and it's solid lol

It will have had a K03s as standard, but not because it is a Sport. Because it is an AUM.

Facelift and pre-facelift cars were both called A3 1.8T Sport.

People bang on about the S meaning sport in a K03s, which is bull****. In fact, K03s doesn't exist. It is all down to the number of the turbo.

The s has just come about because SO MANY people call them a K03s (myself included).

Reactions: Tim_Attard
Many thanks , still happy as the turbo should be the better of the two regarding modding.

It will have had a K03s as standard, but not because it is a Sport. Because it is an AUM.

Facelift and pre-facelift cars were both called A3 1.8T Sport.

Jardo is largely correct, although for completeness, it's worth noting that whilst in the UK the only 1.8T you could buy came in 'Sport' Trim, in Europe you could also buy a 1.8T SE. I've seen one in the UK once before. Rare though.

Ok so if I investigate further any ideas on indentifier's for confirmation . Cheers

Jardo is largely correct, although for completeness, it's worth noting that whilst in the UK the only 1.8T you could buy came in 'Sport' Trim, in Europe you could also buy a 1.8T SE. I've seen one in the UK once before. Rare though.

You and I both know somebody who thought they were buying a Sport and ended up with an imported SE which is dog **** spec with no climate, plastic four spoke steering wheel and a few other niceties removed such as the adjustment on the wiper control and the rear sub. But was mechanically identical to a Sport.