Half of this is a guide and the other half is just showing you how i did it because you may find a better way than my bodge... I mean improvisation
Feel free to input anything that will make this an easier or better job
Here are some of the tools i used.
-Dremel type rotary tool
This is how mine looked before. And a pic of the cupholder i'll be bodging. I mean fitting.
Part number 1M2862531C 1M1862531C From the Seat Toledo but the Leon cupholder also fits - 1M2862531D 1M1862531D
Other cup holders will fit doing it this way, so take your pick.
-The face of this will need replacing as its not the right shape to fit the audi trim. Two of these blanks will be needed
Starting by removing the glove box will help, giving more space later on.
Remove the ashtray
Remove the stereo. (My be different if you have a cage.)
Carefully prise the trim starting from the bottom and remove.
Pri out all four switches and unplug them.
Undo the two screws at the top of the cage to allow you more access.
Push both the ESP and Rear Screen heater connectors into the cage and out somewhere you can see enough wire to play with.
At this point i was unsure of what to do with rear heated screen switch so i cut the plug off and extended the wires out the way.
Will re locate at a later date. Unless you dont have heated seats then it can stay put.
I think i can live without the ESP lol so its been taped up.
Line the stereo compartment with a rag or something to catch the mess your about to create
To get both heated seats on the right. The left one needs opening up.
Thats quite simple as you just need to copy the hole next to it.
Now onto the tricky side.
The main bit that has to go is the central divider
These bits are best removed from the bottom of the holder-
The rest is up to you. Its just a matter of trail and error.
If you think you have it in ok. Make sure the cupholder operates because if one of the clips on the outer casing are pushed in, it wont work. I removed one of them.
I used a cutting disc to remove most of the plastic above and finnished off with one of the small sanding stones.
I ended up with this mess
*see the two peices of plastic glued on the left side of the opening. That will stop the switch from tilting (its very close to one of the clips on the cupholder though)
When you have gutted your cage enough it should look something like this
Make sure it operates then remove.
Unplug the two pins that hold the face of the cup holder on and remove the face
Put the c/h back in place and secure it some how, making sure its level.
I used Liquid metal and Araldite as thats all i had at the time. Make sure its nice and level and let it go off before putting the other switches back in.
Reassemble and we have nearly done.
The two blanks now need shaving down to fit.
This is something like what it needs look like.
They need gutting completely to be honest.
Keep checking them up against the c/h as you shave and eventually they should go flush with the trim.
Choose your poison then stick them on.
Job Done! Put the kettle on