Weak Horn

g60leigh

Reaction score
My horn has become really weedy and slightly asthmatic.
I know from doing the FMIC that the OE installation uses two horns. It sounds like one has died but as I have no idea which one and dont want to strip bumper off just to find out. Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket horn. one that is reasonably priced and gives off a quality sound (No fog or dixie horns please)

My car has the same problem. I plan to use a pair of hella supertones when i fit a fmic.

There a bit of a ricer mod, but they are loud.

Get a pair from an Alfa 156, they have to be the loudest fitted to a standard car. I have a 2004, Alfa 156 :notme:(go easy on me) for when the S3 is in the garage and the horn on it is ridiculous, it's the facelift model but I doubt that they changed the horns in it when they were giving it a facelift.

Ordered a pair of new snail horns from the bay
110db
Should do it. Fit them when bumpers off for wmi install

I think I need some too, but I want ghetto blaster volume as in this country the horn get used more than the accelerator and brake combined!!!

They a direct fit mate or do they need chopping and splicing?

I have the same. The low tone went. I managed to get a pair of OEM from eBay UK. I'm yet to fit them. Maybe a job for tomorrow.

Sounds like an old Peugeot.

Reactions: s3mad_dude
Bolt straight onto original bracket in place of old ones.
Wiring is just two wires to each horn.
I made up a pair of patch leads but just spade connections so could cut clip off and add spade to original wiring

Last edited: