JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vrbob

Thread: Fitting pioneer double din sat nav in facelift 8L, need speed signal wire

Neutral

Status

Fitting pioneer double din sat nav in facelift 8L, need speed signal wire

Hi all,
    As above I'm fitting a pioneer avic-f930bt double din sat nav unit, it needs the speed signal to calculate your position more accurately.
    I've read various things on here about it being canbus etc, but nothing conclusive that gives me the answer I need.

I'm not sure whether the pioneer unit will understand the canbus signal or not, but I need to atleast find the signal to start with.
    Even if it is a canbus signal surely the signal has to analogue from the actual speed sensor itself and this can be spliced into? Unless it calculates it form the ABS sensors and the ABS computer sends a canbus signal to the ECU/instrument cluster.

I've seen the third stereo connector should have a gala signal wire, mine doesn't. So if someone could point me to the pin on the instrument cluster that'd be great.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Had to run some wires when fitting my RNSE and these are the details :

Remove the clocks and on the back you will see 3 connectors 1 green 1 blue and 1 grey. We need to connect a wire on Pin 31 on the blue connector and run that to the wire on your new kufatec loom that connects to the gala speed sensor in the RNSE. We then need to connect 2 more wires in the grey connector Pin 5 (Can High) and Pin 6 (Can Low) these then need to be run to the loom and connected to the same on the RNSE (please note the RNSE has a wiring guide on it to help you identify which wires these are.
    g60leigh likes this.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Neutral

Status
    Hi thanks for your reply.
    I actually found pin 28 works, maybe it's different for the rns-e