Removing Glove box, trim underneath steering wheel, and centre console

Vman

Reaction score
This has been posted before but thought I would contribute something. Hopefully it helps someone.

All screws are posi-drives/torque screws (star shaped heads) size 25 unless stated.

Removing Glove box - Remove panel on side of dashboard held on be 3 metal clips be careful small amount of brut force needed. Remove 4 screws. Open glove box remove two screws either side of door catch. Remove 1 screw underneath glove box to the left of the centre console. Glove box should now come out. Unclip airbag switch cable and glove box light.

Removing trim underneath steering wheel - Remove panel on side of dashboard (as above) (this should also reveal where the fuses are hidden). Remove 4 screws. Remove 1 screw to the right but underneath steering wheel. Remove 1 screw underneath steering to the right of centre console. 2 clips either side of steering column – unclip. Trim should now come out. Unclip wires to light switch.

Removing centre console - Open ash tray remove philips screw ash tray should now slide out remove cables. Behind where ash tray was remove 2 posi-drives/torque screws (star shaped heads) size 20. Remove stereo. Remove 2 philips screws where stereo was. From the bottom console carefully remove piano finish two clips either side of climate control unit and 2 clips above ESP button and rear screen heater. Remove 2 screws above ESP button and rear screen heater taking note of clip position. Remove 2 screws either side climate control taking note of clip position. Remove climate control unclip cables. Centre console should now come out remove all cable clips.

Fitting back is the reversal of this. One thing I did find was when fitting the centre console back do the top screws finger tight the lift console up so it fits tight underneath heater vents then tighten screws.

The reason for doing this I wanted to know why my £270 becker stereo was sticking out by about an inch. What I found was the plastic cage the stereo slots into tapers in towards the back. 5 minutes of sanding the stereo now fits perfectly but the Audi facial adapters I brought are in one word rubbish. These need to sanded as well which I have not done yet. Has anyone else had this problem and solved by another means. Will post this question separately.

The panel on the side of the dash is easier to remove using the ignition key.
Yes the fascia adapters all seem to need heavy modification, but apparently the Seat Leon wrap around one fits perfectly.

Andy, did you say in the past that Audi themselves sell the adaptors or did I miss read something?

PS... are you still making the Stealth Subs? because there's a large possibility I will be interested in one in the near future, just the enclosure and driver probably as I'll be wanting a 5 channel Amp at some point.

I remember seeing a post about where you hid the Amp in the side of the car but can't find it - think it may have been lost, can you repost the PDF instructions or send them to me, just trying to figure out if a 5 channel Alpine amp will fit or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Yes Audi do them but they still don't fit properly without some trimming to the back of them.
Yes still doing the subs, PM me your email address and I'll send over the instructions which show the amp location. It would have to be a pretty enormous amp not to fit as there's loads of room behind the rear panels.