audi a3 boot lid doesnt close

Dan21uk

Reaction score
Hi Audi fans.ive a problem.my audi a3 boot lid lock seems to be faulty and i took it apart lock works fine but between the lock and some onther mechanism there is a wire rod(and the mentioned mechanism seems to be faulty) it stuck on open all time and wouldnt move forward and back once i push yhe button,so i detaches the rod and boot closed fine.i just had to reopen it thru my interior/fold the seats.i duno where to get if or where to look for.the boot lid light is on dash asvell.it seems like a leak of water was going thru wiper mount.it could damage it.maybe u had this problem before and could share ur experience with solution?thx

Have a quick search, there's many a thread on this particular issue - i have the same thing, and am yet to rectify - doing other jobs... But seems the most common reason is a broken/split rear wiper fluid pipe, leaking down to the components of the boot lid, more specifically the microswitch. As i said, i haven't got too far with fixing it yet, but this is what i've read. Im sure someone will come along with a better answer but my advice is to have a search on here/google to find what you need, good luck :)

so i done some reading about.once i push opener i can hear a wee noise coming out.it means microswich does work.but my actuator seems to be stuck on open mode.once i deconected it boot closed and light is off.only thing is i have to open boot via back seats.went ahead and bought actuator because it wouldnd open using keyfob aswell.it had no movement what so ever.will keep yous updated once i get it sorted.thx

Yeah mine does work sometimes but not always - i think for me it is the microswitch - not that it never works, just shorts sometimes. Tends to be after heavy rain/cold weather and i pulled out the buttons and the connectors are a bit corroded too so thats what led me to my conclusion after reading other threads. Could well be different to yours though, let me know how it goes with your replacement actuator...

well if my keyfob would work i would say its a microswich fault,but it doesnt,as actuator stuck on open mode,so it doesnt move at all,well 20 quid got me a second hand actuator now got myself a dewiper plug,so will throw wiper out,because i dont think it works anyhow