A3 Front wiper relay location

Pubemammal

Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone know where the wiper relay is located? Can't find any diagrams on this. Thanks

​Im pretty sure it is below the steering wheel. The guys will correct me if i am wrong. :) x

OK so removed the wiper relay... However it was still clicking when wipers were moving is this a sign that the relay may not be at fault after all?

Also the metal clips to hold the dash panel under steering wheel... Are these just push fit because I can't seem to get them clipped back in!?

Thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368368297866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368368297866.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,275
What problem were you getting to make you want to change the relay- intermittent wipe not working properly? Worth getting another one from a breakers yard to try it. I did when mine went on a Golf Mk4 TDI and got two of the relays for a fiver! Several models use the 377 wiper relay so shouldn't be hard to get one. Clips are push fit - just a bit of a knack to it.

What problem were you getting to make you want to change the relay- intermittent wipe not working properly? Worth getting another one from a breakers yard to try it. I did when mine went on a Golf Mk4 TDI and got two of the relays for a fiver! Several models use the 377 wiper relay so shouldn't be hard to get one. Clips are push fit - just a bit of a knack to it.

Sorry forgot I posted the original problem on a different thread :eek:

The problem is that the wipers do not turn off even with stalk in the off position, they stay on intermittent, wiping the windscreen every 20 seconds or so.

Oh ******! Really thought it would be as simple as changing the relay. No idea how to get to the switch! Looks like more forum trawling for me :rolleyes:

Changed the relay today... Wipers fixed! Thank god for that. Thanks for all your help

Reactions: Vex182