Front Bumper Replacement and change of wheels

N4THW

Reaction score
Hi guys - so over the last weekend some old woman hit the front of my car coming out of her drive, no idea how she did it but it's happened now. She would rather pay me rather than go through insurance and of course I have had a quote from body repair place in Cheltenham, which was more than I expected but she said she was fine to pay it... either way I'm thinking, just replacing the whole bumper may be cheaper? The quote they have given me is £468 inc VAT (I'm going to supply the side light) and a free courtesy car whilst they are repairing it.... am I wrong or is near £500 for a dent in the bumper and the wing gone a fair amount? i have attached a pic of the car below so you can check it out and see what you think.

Also whilst here, is anyone looking to buy or swap some genuine rs4/rstt wheels with great tread on tyres?

Cheers all, please c below for pics. (the wing does look worse than is due to reflection I think)

Hey.

That seems a little pricy to me. (Depends on your area - I'm in Plymouth) I got quoted for a repair to my front bumper (mainly filler job not major) respray of both wings and bonnet to match it all in (bonnet has dent and heavy fading) for £400-£450 from a highly recommended bodyshop.

£500 for that seems lots.. Can you push the bumper dink back out and just require a smooth and spray?

Same thing I thought mate, thought okay thanks and drove off hoping to find better, if not I will have to go there I guess as there are not many body shops in Cheltenham open anymore. Does anyone know of anything in Cheltenham/Gloucester? The quote above was from Cheltenham Cars. I'm going to have to try to push the bumper out, it looks like i can…

Thanks for your reply mate, anyone else?

On the flip side I think that's a fair price! I had my rear bumper driven into on my first S3 and it was cracked. The whole rear bumper was painted and replaced (including the grey insert) and it was £600! It was an insurance claim and I think prices for insurance claims are always on the higher side......

Note: when popping bumper out try to apply some heat first. It will be easier and less of risk of it cracking.

UPDATE: considering i made a thread about it I thought an update was necessary……

I have now just bought a BRAND new complete front bumper (2 parts) AND prof. painted for £175. Chelt cars will fit and fix wing (fix and repaint) for an additional £180. Saving money nicely!!!