Chris NottSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

internal diameter of DV hose?

Hi All,

My DV hose had a leak when I first thought the car at the end (engine side) which I cut down and refitted - this worked fine with the standard TIP - however now I have the aftermarket TIP fitted it's not long enough and pulling the TIP up causing it to bend at the turbo side.

Does anyone know the internal diameter of the hose so I can pick some up from a motor factors place, or is it a special reforced hose?

Thanks in advance!
    Adam

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by russwuss View Post
    Hi All,

My DV hose had a leak when I first thought the car at the end (engine side) which I cut down and refitted - this worked fine with the standard TIP - however now I have the aftermarket TIP fitted it's not long enough and pulling the TIP up causing it to bend at the turbo side.

Does anyone know the internal diameter of the hose so I can pick some up from a motor factors place, or is it a special reforced hose?

Thanks in advance!
    Adam
    same problem here 19mm won't be far off
    Audi s3 8l 2003 silver,brembo brakes,custom front mount intercooler,forged rods,acl race bearings,3inch tip,forge 007p green spring 1 shim,5mm hubcentric spacers,pipewerx 3inch down pipe/200cell race cat,2.75 miltek back non resonated,new piston rings,n249delete,pcv venting too atmosphere,neuspeed quick shifter,uprated clutch/pressure plate...large port agu head,inline fuel pump

work left/relentless v3 manifold/wmi/blue haldex/antilag/launch controll/custom map!!!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by darren t View Post
    same problem here 19mm won't be far off
    thanks! you reckon this one will be ok then? just standard radiator hose

Autobar Rubber Heater Hose 19mm

6th Gear

Status
    Normal Dv size is 25mm id iirc, you may be thinking of the breather size which is 19mm id
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyS3 View Post
    Normal Dv size is 25mm id iirc, you may be thinking of the breather size which is 19mm id
    was indeed lol sorry!
    Audi s3 8l 2003 silver,brembo brakes,custom front mount intercooler,forged rods,acl race bearings,3inch tip,forge 007p green spring 1 shim,5mm hubcentric spacers,pipewerx 3inch down pipe/200cell race cat,2.75 miltek back non resonated,new piston rings,n249delete,pcv venting too atmosphere,neuspeed quick shifter,uprated clutch/pressure plate...large port agu head,inline fuel pump

work left/relentless v3 manifold/wmi/blue haldex/antilag/launch controll/custom map!!!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the replies guys, ill order the forge kit.. Wouldn't hurt to change the N75 hose either!
    Last edited by russwuss; 10th May 2013 at 21:46.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by russwuss View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys, ill order the forge kit.. Wouldn't hurt to change the N75 hose either!
    the forge kit still dosent reach!!! You will have too extend the dv pipe still too stop from bending turbo tip !!

2nd Gear

Status
    the forge kit still dosent reach!!! You will have too extend the dv pipe still too stop from bending turbo tip !!
    dv relocation kit might be best option atleast you get a new throttle body hose

2nd Gear

Status
    dv relocation kit might be best option atleast you get a new throttle body hose
    Thanks Darren! Ill have to wait a bit for this.. Clutch is going so that takes priority!