s3 bam getting 400hp??

How did I ****ing miss this!

This guys a legend......... :) lol.
why hasn't jaardo jumped in here and gave a friendly welcome?

look, we all know the only thing you need to get 400bhp from a Audi s3 8l is viper stripes! ,maybe some neons to break 500 bhp ;-)

Sean

How did I ****ing miss this!

This guys a legend......... :) lol.
why hasn't jaardo jumped in here and gave a friendly welcome?

look, we all know the only thing you need to get 400bhp from a Audi s3 8l is viper stripes! ,maybe some neons to break 500 bhp ;-)

Sean

I saw it earlier, the second it was posted. I rolled my eyes and debated getting involved but decided against it.

ASN seems to have a lot of weapons on it at the moment, like when A3's dropped below 2k and every chav purchased one and pimped it up and invaded us with their stupid questions and pipe dreams.

Now S3's are giro money it is all happening again :(

People see build threads on here from more established members and just assume because there are so many top spec cars on here that it is a piece of cake. I'm going to do this, I'm going to do that...then 6 months later we never hear from them again. So I don't bother conversing with most newbies.

I agree with everything SK said, if you want my opinion on the subject.

Reactions: s33nyboy12, kwistof, voorhees and 1 other person
Hummm... I see you have already met the kids... :)

Couple of things... use sentences and punctuation in your posts... huge blocks of text make reading very tedious and most people are unlikely to take you too seriously (hence the banter...)

Be clearer in your posts... you have opened with a post that looks very similar to all the 'got a car, want powaa, what BOV' type posts we typically get...

Anyhoo... as you have now been pretty much dragged through the ASN initiation process I'll add my two pence worth...

For a consistent 400hp (not the cold run type of 400hp) you will need to be looking at a GT3071r (preferably with a billet comp wheel etc from HTA and similar), tubular exhaust mani, external wastegate (38mm or 44mm Tial), 700-800cc injectors (Bosch 750's from 034 work well), large inlet manifold of some description, (SEM, IE etc), large FMIC (welly cooler or AH Fabs V2 work well), 63mm charge pipe work, 90mm or 100mm inlet and an RS4 MAF housing, rods, full valve train (springs, valves etc as GT30 and above prefer revs...), large port head.... other niceties (budget dependant) is 2ltr stroker (can't bore a 20v to 2ltr, use a TFSI crank and 83mm pistons...), WMI, full bottom end build using ARP bolts and studs etc as needed...

As you are from SA and can pretty much touch the moon then a std 3071 may not cut it... a GTX3071 maybe more effective...

Take a look at Staceys build (linked to earlier on the 1st page of this thread) as thats potentially where you want to be..

As for jap style tuning, this has no real place in VAG tuning... ME7 ECU's are a different beast altogether... ME7 can be tuned for 600 plus hp easily with no need for piggy back ecu's or other such non sense in fact ME7 is so tightly integrated into the cars architecture that I am not even sure its possible to do without more effort than is humanly needed...

You will need a decent tuner to get the best out the ME7 ECU too... something us Brits don't have to worry about as we have Badger 5 and R-Tech who are the leading tuners of our beloved 20v motors...

If you plan to learn ME7 then be warned its a steep curve... there are 100's of tables involved and finding the ones you need may take you a while... ME7 is a load based ECU... all revolves around the MAF... if you want to keep proper use of the haldex then stick to ME7 and get a performance haldex controller... if you want to fast track then stand alone maybe an option but... the electronics on these cars all talk to each other... removing the ECU will make certain systems inoperable so you will have to go to lengths to sort all these issues out... haldex, ESP, ABS, dash etc... all tied in... remove the ECU then expect to spend time pulling bits out, recoding stuf and god knows what else to do the job properly...

There are standalone haldex controllers available I believe, one from SQS is a simple mechanical valve (as thats essentially all the haldex controller is but uses electronics to control the valve...).. flip side of this is it will lock the rear wheels up on slow manoeuvres as there is essentially no centre diff...

No mention of budget so I could go on but the basics are above and in all the posts Karl etc have put up for you... look at the builds, do a bit of research then by all means ask the questions...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Sam_
800 bhp is also easy as you just need deeper pockets

and bigger kahunas :laugh:

Bam 20v, you really let the SA crew down by lashing out at the guys on here. There is a lot of experienced guys on here and if you take the time to read through their threads you will see that they all started off with the basics and progressed towards more HP.

Saying that, it takes a lot more guts to admit you were wrong and apologize.

If you looking for 400hp then tuffys build is what you need to study.

Most of the guys on here will be straight up with you but some will call you a doos
laugh.gif
, so play nice boetie!

Hummm... I see you have already met the kids... :)

Couple of things... use sentences and punctuation in your posts... huge blocks of text make reading very tedious and most people are unlikely to take you too seriously (hence the banter...)

Be clearer in your posts... you have opened with a post that looks very similar to all the 'got a car, want powaa, what BOV' type posts we typically get...

Anyhoo... as you have now been pretty much dragged through the ASN initiation process I'll add my two pence worth...

For a consistent 400hp (not the cold run type of 400hp) you will need to be looking at a GT3071r (preferably with a billet comp wheel etc from HTA and similar), tubular exhaust mani, external wastegate (38mm or 44mm Tial), 700-800cc injectors (Bosch 750's from 034 work well), large inlet manifold of some description, (SEM, IE etc), large FMIC (welly cooler or AH Fabs V2 work well), 63mm charge pipe work, 90mm or 100mm inlet and an RS4 MAF housing, rods, full valve train (springs, valves etc as GT30 and above prefer revs...), large port head.... other niceties (budget dependant) is 2ltr stroker (can't bore a 20v to 2ltr, use a TFSI crank and 83mm pistons...), WMI, full bottom end build using ARP bolts and studs etc as needed...

As you are from SA and can pretty much touch the moon then a std 3071 may not cut it... a GTX3071 maybe more effective...

Take a look at Staceys build (linked to earlier on the 1st page of this thread) as thats potentially where you want to be..

As for jap style tuning, this has no real place in VAG tuning... ME7 ECU's are a different beast altogether... ME7 can be tuned for 600 plus hp easily with no need for piggy back ecu's or other such non sense in fact ME7 is so tightly integrated into the cars architecture that I am not even sure its possible to do without more effort than is humanly needed...

You will need a decent tuner to get the best out the ME7 ECU too... something us Brits don't have to worry about as we have Badger 5 and R-Tech who are the leading tuners of our beloved 20v motors...

If you plan to learn ME7 then be warned its a steep curve... there are 100's of tables involved and finding the ones you need may take you a while... ME7 is a load based ECU... all revolves around the MAF... if you want to keep proper use of the haldex then stick to ME7 and get a performance haldex controller... if you want to fast track then stand alone maybe an option but... the electronics on these cars all talk to each other... removing the ECU will make certain systems inoperable so you will have to go to lengths to sort all these issues out... haldex, ESP, ABS, dash etc... all tied in... remove the ECU then expect to spend time pulling bits out, recoding stuf and god knows what else to do the job properly...

There are standalone haldex controllers available I believe, one from SQS is a simple mechanical valve (as thats essentially all the haldex controller is but uses electronics to control the valve...).. flip side of this is it will lock the rear wheels up on slow manoeuvres as there is essentially no centre diff...

No mention of budget so I could go on but the basics are above and in all the posts Karl etc have put up for you... look at the builds, do a bit of research then by all means ask the questions...

<tuffty/>

TL;DR.

I presume you're moaning about something and tell him to go BT as well?

:beerchug:

Tuffty ...... Forums are for banter bro :)

there are enough stickies and threads for him to have read and gained valuable knowledge without asking the questions he has.
Good luck mate I hope you achieve your 400bhp target !

Sean

Tuffty ...... Forums are for banter bro :)

there are enough stickies and threads for him to have read and gained valuable knowledge without asking the questions he has.
Good luck mate I hope you achieve your 400bhp target !

Sean

you are suggesting people Actually read the stickies??
heracy I tell ya :p

Reactions: Prawn
What an entertaining thread........for all the wrong reasons though but still ****** funny :)