Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: s3 bam getting 400hp??

5th Gear

Status
    How did I ****ing miss this!

This guys a legend......... :-) lol.
    why hasn't jaardo jumped in here and gave a friendly welcome?

look, we all know the only thing you need to get 400bhp from a Audi s3 8l is viper stripes! ,maybe some neons to break 500 bhp ;-)

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    How did I ****ing miss this!

This guys a legend......... :-) lol.
    why hasn't jaardo jumped in here and gave a friendly welcome?

look, we all know the only thing you need to get 400bhp from a Audi s3 8l is viper stripes! ,maybe some neons to break 500 bhp ;-)

Sean
    I saw it earlier, the second it was posted. I rolled my eyes and debated getting involved but decided against it.

ASN seems to have a lot of weapons on it at the moment, like when A3's dropped below 2k and every chav purchased one and pimped it up and invaded us with their stupid questions and pipe dreams.

Now S3's are giro money it is all happening again

People see build threads on here from more established members and just assume because there are so many top spec cars on here that it is a piece of cake. I'm going to do this, I'm going to do that...then 6 months later we never hear from them again. So I don't bother conversing with most newbies.

I agree with everything SK said, if you want my opinion on the subject.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by bam 20v View Post
    im a tuner itune cars for a living however Im not a mechanic

Then never do them.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    400 bhp is easy as long as you have the money to do so

800 bhp is also easy as you just need deeper pockets
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    I felt inspired by jardo in this thread.

On this occasion, i missed him
    16Klappe likes this.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    2 pages and 31 likes and climbing
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Try tuning with the Haldex fuse pulled too..

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Hummm... I see you have already met the kids...

Couple of things... use sentences and punctuation in your posts... huge blocks of text make reading very tedious and most people are unlikely to take you too seriously (hence the banter...)

Be clearer in your posts... you have opened with a post that looks very similar to all the 'got a car, want powaa, what BOV' type posts we typically get...

Anyhoo... as you have now been pretty much dragged through the ASN initiation process I'll add my two pence worth...

For a consistent 400hp (not the cold run type of 400hp) you will need to be looking at a GT3071r (preferably with a billet comp wheel etc from HTA and similar), tubular exhaust mani, external wastegate (38mm or 44mm Tial), 700-800cc injectors (Bosch 750's from 034 work well), large inlet manifold of some description, (SEM, IE etc), large FMIC (welly cooler or AH Fabs V2 work well), 63mm charge pipe work, 90mm or 100mm inlet and an RS4 MAF housing, rods, full valve train (springs, valves etc as GT30 and above prefer revs...), large port head.... other niceties (budget dependant) is 2ltr stroker (can't bore a 20v to 2ltr, use a TFSI crank and 83mm pistons...), WMI, full bottom end build using ARP bolts and studs etc as needed...

As you are from SA and can pretty much touch the moon then a std 3071 may not cut it... a GTX3071 maybe more effective...

Take a look at Staceys build (linked to earlier on the 1st page of this thread) as thats potentially where you want to be..

As for jap style tuning, this has no real place in VAG tuning... ME7 ECU's are a different beast altogether... ME7 can be tuned for 600 plus hp easily with no need for piggy back ecu's or other such non sense in fact ME7 is so tightly integrated into the cars architecture that I am not even sure its possible to do without more effort than is humanly needed...

You will need a decent tuner to get the best out the ME7 ECU too... something us Brits don't have to worry about as we have Badger 5 and R-Tech who are the leading tuners of our beloved 20v motors...

If you plan to learn ME7 then be warned its a steep curve... there are 100's of tables involved and finding the ones you need may take you a while... ME7 is a load based ECU... all revolves around the MAF... if you want to keep proper use of the haldex then stick to ME7 and get a performance haldex controller... if you want to fast track then stand alone maybe an option but... the electronics on these cars all talk to each other... removing the ECU will make certain systems inoperable so you will have to go to lengths to sort all these issues out... haldex, ESP, ABS, dash etc... all tied in... remove the ECU then expect to spend time pulling bits out, recoding stuf and god knows what else to do the job properly...

There are standalone haldex controllers available I believe, one from SQS is a simple mechanical valve (as thats essentially all the haldex controller is but uses electronics to control the valve...).. flip side of this is it will lock the rear wheels up on slow manoeuvres as there is essentially no centre diff...

No mention of budget so I could go on but the basics are above and in all the posts Karl etc have put up for you... look at the builds, do a bit of research then by all means ask the questions...

<tuffty/>
    Sam_ likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    800 bhp is also easy as you just need deeper pockets
    and bigger kahunas

Bam 20v, you really let the SA crew down by lashing out at the guys on here. There is a lot of experienced guys on here and if you take the time to read through their threads you will see that they all started off with the basics and progressed towards more HP.

Saying that, it takes a lot more guts to admit you were wrong and apologize.

If you looking for 400hp then tuffys build is what you need to study.

Most of the guys on here will be straight up with you but some will call you a doos , so play nice boetie!

Princess Slayer

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Hummm... I see you have already met the kids...

Couple of things... use sentences and punctuation in your posts... huge blocks of text make reading very tedious and most people are unlikely to take you too seriously (hence the banter...)

Be clearer in your posts... you have opened with a post that looks very similar to all the 'got a car, want powaa, what BOV' type posts we typically get...

Anyhoo... as you have now been pretty much dragged through the ASN initiation process I'll add my two pence worth...

For a consistent 400hp (not the cold run type of 400hp) you will need to be looking at a GT3071r (preferably with a billet comp wheel etc from HTA and similar), tubular exhaust mani, external wastegate (38mm or 44mm Tial), 700-800cc injectors (Bosch 750's from 034 work well), large inlet manifold of some description, (SEM, IE etc), large FMIC (welly cooler or AH Fabs V2 work well), 63mm charge pipe work, 90mm or 100mm inlet and an RS4 MAF housing, rods, full valve train (springs, valves etc as GT30 and above prefer revs...), large port head.... other niceties (budget dependant) is 2ltr stroker (can't bore a 20v to 2ltr, use a TFSI crank and 83mm pistons...), WMI, full bottom end build using ARP bolts and studs etc as needed...

As you are from SA and can pretty much touch the moon then a std 3071 may not cut it... a GTX3071 maybe more effective...

Take a look at Staceys build (linked to earlier on the 1st page of this thread) as thats potentially where you want to be..

As for jap style tuning, this has no real place in VAG tuning... ME7 ECU's are a different beast altogether... ME7 can be tuned for 600 plus hp easily with no need for piggy back ecu's or other such non sense in fact ME7 is so tightly integrated into the cars architecture that I am not even sure its possible to do without more effort than is humanly needed...

You will need a decent tuner to get the best out the ME7 ECU too... something us Brits don't have to worry about as we have Badger 5 and R-Tech who are the leading tuners of our beloved 20v motors...

If you plan to learn ME7 then be warned its a steep curve... there are 100's of tables involved and finding the ones you need may take you a while... ME7 is a load based ECU... all revolves around the MAF... if you want to keep proper use of the haldex then stick to ME7 and get a performance haldex controller... if you want to fast track then stand alone maybe an option but... the electronics on these cars all talk to each other... removing the ECU will make certain systems inoperable so you will have to go to lengths to sort all these issues out... haldex, ESP, ABS, dash etc... all tied in... remove the ECU then expect to spend time pulling bits out, recoding stuf and god knows what else to do the job properly...

There are standalone haldex controllers available I believe, one from SQS is a simple mechanical valve (as thats essentially all the haldex controller is but uses electronics to control the valve...).. flip side of this is it will lock the rear wheels up on slow manoeuvres as there is essentially no centre diff...

No mention of budget so I could go on but the basics are above and in all the posts Karl etc have put up for you... look at the builds, do a bit of research then by all means ask the questions...

<tuffty/>
    TL;DR.

I presume you're moaning about something and tell him to go BT as well?

Then never do them.

5th Gear

Status
    Tuffty ...... Forums are for banter bro :-)

there are enough stickies and threads for him to have read and gained valuable knowledge without asking the questions he has.
    Good luck mate I hope you achieve your 400bhp target !

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I know...

<tuffty/>
    16Klappe likes this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Theres a few SA guys on here now, maybe get to meet them, they all seem very clued up...

RIP S3dave

Status

there are enough stickies and threads for him to have read and gained valuable knowledge without asking the questions he has.
    Good luck mate I hope you achieve your 400bhp target !

Sean
    you are suggesting people Actually read the stickies??
    heracy I tell ya
    Prawn likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    you are suggesting people Actually read the stickies??
    heracy I tell ya
    suggesting......hoping........ Knowing they don't ! :-). I might start suggesting they ring you bill lol even link your number in the thread ??? Lol

Sean

2nd Gear

Status
    Hilarious!

Progress Thread - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...thread%5D.html

A3 8L 1.8T AGU BLACK

1st Gear

Status
    What an entertaining thread........for all the wrong reasons though but still bloody funny
    Booooooosting just a little bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12