Chris NottBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Cracked exhaust manifolds... options?

During my engine rebuild which is at the reassembly stage, I noticed a crack in the exhaust manifold.

Basically i'm hoping you guys can share some info with me on the best way to get around this... i.e. repair, replace for 2nd hand, new cast, stainless tubular? etc.. Also if an anyone could recommend any manufacturers that would be a big help.

Need to get something in place asap

2. # ADS
    ADS

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    A3/S3? K03/k04?

Internal or externally cracked?
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Its an S3 with K04. The crack is across the turbo flange and down the outside but also internally on the piece where the air flow 'splits'? hard to describe. I'll get a photo on tonight when I go to work on the car..

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    What sort of power are you going for?

Princess Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    If you want more than 290bhp fit a Relentless manifold ( do a search) otherwise fit a standard K04 manifold. For a little more performance send it to Bill at Badger 5 and have him port it.
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks chaps. Im looking at getting the REVO stage 2 upgrade once its all back together, not sure exactly what power that is, think its around the 280 mark? I had a quick gander at the relentless ones last night but could only see them from sellers in the US, and ideally i'd like something I could get my hands on in the next week or so...cars been off the road for close to a month now and its killing me! lol

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Or i have a frankenturbo Mani kicking about.. pm me

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by harrsf View Post
    Thanks chaps. Im looking at getting the REVO stage 2 upgrade once its all back together, not sure exactly what power that is, think its around the 280 mark? I had a quick gander at the relentless ones last night but could only see them from sellers in the US, and ideally i'd like something I could get my hands on in the next week or so...cars been off the road for close to a month now and its killing me! lol
    When I ordered my sports cat and DP through Sam (relentless UK dealer) it took 3 working days after payment. The items I ordered from Awesome GTI at the same time took longer to get to me! lol

If you're on Facebook there are a couple of V2 and V3 manifolds being sold that people have in there hands in the UK and that are brand new. Need to search for VAG car parts for sale.
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.