Euro_man S3 Progress Thread

Euro_man

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I recently purchased a 2003 Audi S3 8l model. It was just supposed to be a daily run around car for the time being however as I do with all cars one thing led to another. The car was completely stock when I bought it and I am posting this thread as I go.

To date I have installed a FMIC whilst retaining the front foglights. (fog lights currently off de to being cracked). Was a direct fit and really easy to install.

Some idiot key scratched the side of my car so one thing led to another. I am currently in the middle of preparing the car for a vinyl wrap. I have shaved door handles side strips, side indicators, all key holes and the antenna

Progress so far:

Stock:

FMIC installed

Now the sanding and welding processes to get the car ready for wrapping.

Car goes into workshop to get wrapped next week.

Reactions: s3clarke and voorhees
Cracking teaser pics :icon_thumright: looking forward to the next lot of pics

how comes you did all that prep for a wrap? thought the idea was it lays over the orginal paint so you can always go back to orginal?

guess it depends how bad the paintwork is underneath, if it really bad it might show through the wrap

how comes you did all that prep for a wrap? thought the idea was it lays over the orginal paint so you can always go back to orginal?

The paint was actually immaculate on the car when i bought it no fade or anything but whoever key scratched it a month after I bought it did a massive deep line all down one side of the car. So I had to sand it all back. Thats why I decided to remove the side strips and handles etc. So basically every panel had to be sanded in some form. So I then sanded whole car with 800grit to get it all smooth. No point wrapping over uneven surfaces or small stone chips.

Wrap will go into every imperfection, even stone chips. Just like paint. It would not hide the key scratch

Will post pics up of the completed wrap soon. Its going in on 1st June

Great work. The paint on mine is shocking an I was considering getting it all rubbed back and wrapped. Only thing is a full professional wrap is about the same price as a cheap respray.

I'm very interested to see how yours turns out.

hmm very intrested to see how it turns out as i didnt bother with all that prep i just clay bar'd it and made it squeeky clean but my paint was in a good condition however

Okay here is the progress pics of the vinyl wrap: Hexis HX30BPEB Pearl white variochrome with gloss black roof. The pearl white in person is amazing and in the sun it shines a little pink, green, blue depending on the light.

Can't wait till the car is all put back together and finished next week.

Reactions: superkarl and s3dave
Looking forward to the finished piece, the cars looking fresh, i'm not keen on the chrome mirrors on a white car though. What wheels you looking at?

nice and it looks more smooth withouth handles and stuff. it looks like there is space for masssssssssive number plate and you have so tiny :D

LOVE it already.
you know what that reminds me of, the pearl white the fiat 500 abarth comes in. Saw one yesterday and thought that colour was nice and would be a nice respray for an S3.

Thanks everyone, I'll update when finished. Rims will be in 3-4 weeks followed by coilovers, then im going to concentrate under the hood for a bit more power. Stage 2 would be nice

might be a daft question but how are you opening the doors ?

I have door poppers. I press a button to open drivers and passenger door

Looking forward to the finished piece, the cars looking fresh, i'm not keen on the chrome mirrors on a white car though. What wheels you looking at?

I'm definitely going 19". Thinking black BBS LM replicas or maybe Vertini Magic black wheels

Okay, got her back yesterday. Just took some quick pics in the afternoon on my phone. Wasn't really any sun but here is the finished product. Will post better pics once I get some wheels on her in a week or 2.

Reactions: s3dave