Badger5Chris Nott
    imported_Sem

Anyone fitted R32 brakes to an S3

Ex Audi S3 owner here....

I now own a 2002 Golf MK4 Anniversary and recently completed a full front R32 brake conversion.

If you're not already aware, the Golf Anniversary shares the same front 312mm brakes as the S3.

The R32 brakes were a straightforward swap, however the problem is the brake hoses are longer than those on the original 312mm calipers and are rubbing on the suspension struts. I have temporarily cable tied them to the shocks but this is not ideal.

So, my question is this.....has anyone done the R32 brake conversion on an S3 and which brake hoses did you use. The original 312mm ones can't be transfered as they have a different fitting on the caliper side.

Any advice would be great...

Here's a couple of pics...by the way, the blue powder coating was stripped and the calipers were re-done in red to match the Anniversary rears [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Anyone fitted R32 brakes to an S3

Hi,

You need to use [img] [/img] for the tags mate.

Also how much did the conversion cost and do the discs use the same 5x100 pcd ?
    Would presume that if the calipers are better (eg 4 pots) then it could be a pretty straight forward swap on an S3 using standard or uprated discs. Mmmmm now thats something else that gets me thinking.

Kev

S3 Drift King!

Status

R32 disks are 332mm IIRC, ad retains the 5x100 stud pattern of the S3, calipers are still 2 pots though.

imported_Sem

Full details and pics on my conversion can be found here:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/blogs/uk-mki...16/303453.aspx

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]

So, my question is this.....has anyone done the R32 brake conversion on an S3 and which brake hoses did you use. The original 312mm ones can't be transfered as they have a different fitting on the caliper side.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a set of R32 brakes laying around here, and since my 'MOT' (Norwegian version) ended sucessfully this week I hope to fit'em soon.

My idea is to use R32 hoses (which I also got). It should not be a problem fiting them I think. (I got Koni coilovers, which should suport som kind of mounting, I hope...)

R32 breakes can't compete with 'real racing' brakes, but they should be a descent upgrade, I hope... (and they are 'cheap')

Senior

Status

Good job there sem you should be well happy with that

...Watching you!

Status

Theres nothing wrong with cable tying the hoses tonths struts... If you do it relatively tight so there is no movement from strut to caliper, and plent y of slack strut to hardline, then its fine!

Rich