White smoke

Tony gold

Reaction score
I have white smoke combining from my exhaust every now and again, it's quite a lot when it happens, smells as though its running quite rich,could anyone put me in the right direction what this could be

Cheers

sorry to say but blue or white is usually pretty bad... if its more blue its prob either turbo seals, valve stem seals, or completely shot piston rings, if its white either head gasket or cracked head block or completely shot/cracked turbo..... think your nrxt step is a compression test, rempove all the spark plugs and insert the tester and wind over two or three times all four readings should be the same at least within 5 to 10 psi of each other.

Thanks for all the info everyone, going to get it in the garage this week, still got 3 months guarantee on my turbo, which I got from CR turbo, fingers crossed then

Just got my car back and head gasket is fine, got a coolent leak from turbo,they seem to think I may have a blocked breather hose? That's why it could be smoking,you can also smell fumes in the cabin,could this be true?

Last edited:
Pollen filter changed the other week,so will check pipes, any ideas on blocked breather hoses for smoking? Cheers

Last edited: